Advice on dumping a fixed week at Polo Towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on dumping a fixed week at Polo Towers

I say dumping in the best possible way, but I'm looking to get rid of a week at the Polo Towers (specifically week seven). The backstory is somewhat entertaining (the fact that I can laugh about it now is somewhat of a relief), but the long story short is that I've got a week 7 in Las Vegas that a friend and I are looking to unload. So far, I've considered:
    -Deed assumption (not cheap, and any contract would go past a lawyer first)
    -Paying to deed back (not cheap either)
    -Selling online (not sure how likely it is to sell)
    -Walking away (lousy option, to be sure, but something I would consider in a crunch)

As such, I'd like to field suggestions (including the likelihood of an online sale going through).

Do you own the week free and clear, or do you still owe money for the week? If it's all paid for, you can list it on eBay for $1 and there should be some interest as week 7 is President's week most of the year.

Comment

I've got it free and clear (though your question is fair enough). I owe maintenance fees as of the end of the month (that is, as of April 1), but there is no mortgage (there is an almost religious opposition to long-term borrowing within my family; actually, a pushed mortgage caused me to walk away from a timeshare offer somewhere else) and nothing past due.

Comment

Originally posted by aganderson View Post
        -Paying to deed back (not cheap either)
        -Selling online (not sure how likely it is to sell)
        -Walking away (lousy option, to be sure, but something I would consider in a crunch)

WOW!
        The glorious PRESIDENTs Week HOLIDAY for the Northeast United States of America. As of the 2010 Census, the population of the region totaled 55,317,240. Surely, and don't call ME surely, one of these 55million plus is a gambler and would love to have your time share. The fact that you can laugh about it now is somewhat of a relief!

-Selling online

a well crafted eBay listing, touting the Presidents Week #7 and extolling the joys of a week in Vegas beyond the gambling like Hoover Dam, Fishing on Lake Mead, Hiking in Red Rock Canyon, Skiing on My Charleston, Visiting Death Valley, Area 51, Atomic Bomb museum, etc. A well crafted listing/ad may well move it, an amateur job will not.

-Paying to deed back

have you already talked to DRI? email
        Patrick Duffy (Patrick.Duffy@diamondresorts.com) Chief Experience Officer
        and/or
        Jeff Shelton (jeff.shelton@diamondresorts.com) Executive Resolutions

and see what they tell you about DRI taking it back
        ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Shelton's email came back a dud; trying Duffy's.

Edit: Duffy's seems to have worked. We'll see how long a reply takes; for what it's worth, I cited billing issues as an underlying reason (they didn't get my bill to me until about two days before my week was to begin. That's a problem.).

Edit2: Ok, I got a response.

Edit3: And this is going to be a bit of a saga, because I am now being lied to by one of two people. Timeshare Transfer is saying that they sent out documentation on 12/30/11. Diamond is saying that they received it on 01/31/12. I won't say who I believe, but I think it should be obvious.

Comment

Working...
          X