Diamond Greensprings Exchange Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Greensprings Exchange Options

Hi, My husband and I own a 4 bedroom unit (deeded week, not in the club) at Diamonds Greensprings Resort in Williamsburg. We had planned on surrendering it after using our deposit through RCI this year, we were told by Diamond 3 months ago that we could do this but they have now suspended the deed backs till further notice. We would still like to deed it back to them if anyone has any ideas on this please let me know. In the meantime we decided to deposit into II instead of RCI where we have been depositing. At II we were told they would only take weeks from The Club not regular deeded weeks. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Diamond told us we could only use RCI to deposit and exchange deeded weeks. Do any other owners of deeded weeks deposit and exchange with any company other than RCI? Any information will be greatly appreciated, Nina

You can also use independent exchange companies like DAE ( Timeshares & Time Share Exchange Service-DAELive.com ), HTSE ( HTSE ), Platinum Interchange ( www.platinuminterchange.com ), Trading Places ( Trading Places International - Home ), and, if they accept your week, SFX ( SFX Preferred Resorts - Quality Timeshare Exchange Services ). I would probably recommend the last one if they will take your particular week.

Comment

They are under NO obligation to accept a deed back. hey have offered - and later stopped - deed backs before. It is within their rights to decide whent they want to accept them and when it doesn't make business sense for them to do so.

You had your chance and didn't take it. Now you need to find another buyer / taker OR as Carolinian suggests find ways to utilize it as trades or rental.

You cannot force them to take it back. But DO NOT fall for the companies that claim they will take your timeshare but charge $3000 +to "take it". They are often not legit & you end up, after paying the $3000+ still liable for the fees & ownership! Give it away before you fall for one of those scams.

Comment

Can the op write to someone in Vegas for assistance on this matter ?

Comment

Diamonds the club trades through II while the Greensprings Plantation resort trades through RCI.

Comment

Originally posted by dcwojo
            Diamonds the club trades through II while the Greensprings Plantation resort trades through RCI.
            this is exactly right
            Diamond Resorts International's THE Club trades through II while the Greensprings Plantation resort (lonely deeded weeks) trades through RCI.

You see 'deposits' in II only because THE Club puts them in.
            ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne08
              Can the op write to someone in Vegas for assistance on this matter ?
              Patrick Duffy (Patrick.Duffy@diamondresorts.com) Chief Experience Officer
              and/or
              Jeff Shelton (jeff.shelton@diamondresorts.com) Executive Resolutions

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian
                You can also use independent exchange companies like DAE ( Timeshares & Time Share Exchange Service-DAELive.com ), HTSE ( HTSE ), Platinum Interchange ( www.platinuminterchange.com ), Trading Places ( Trading Places International - Home ), and, if they accept your week, SFX ( SFX Preferred Resorts - Quality Timeshare Exchange Services ). I would probably recommend the last one if they will take your particular week.
                All good recommendations, but the last one will only take HIGH summer weeks and maybe Easter time frame.

What week does the OP own?

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I have been a member here for a long time and am aware of the postcard companies problems and won't be calling them. We have decided to deposit our time and hope Diamond will open the deed back program again in the future. In the meantime I am looking for different exchange systems other than RCI because the new TPU system gives us even worse trades than before. Does RCI have some exclusive right to the Greensprings deeded weeks exchanges? I talked to the Assistant General Manager at Greensprings and she thought I should be able to trade through II. Are there any deeded weeks owners here that have had success in trading through any exchange system other than RCI? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by BCN
                    Thanks for your responses. I have been a member here for a long time and am aware of the postcard companies problems and won't be calling them. We have decided to deposit our time and hope Diamond will open the deed back program again in the future. In the meantime I am looking for different exchange systems other than RCI because the new TPU system gives us even worse trades than before. Does RCI have some exclusive right to the Greensprings deeded weeks exchanges? I talked to the Assistant General Manager at Greensprings and she thought I should be able to trade through II. Are there any deeded weeks owners here that have had success in trading through any exchange system other than RCI? Any help would be appreciated.
                    Email the independent exchange companies and ask if they have any problems accepting your resort. As a deeded owner you have a legal right to deposit with who you like if they will accept your week (SFX as mentioned earlier can be picky about which weeks they accept), but sometimes a resort staff member does not seem to comprehend that if they have not worked with an independent before.

Comment

Originally posted by BCN
                      Hi, My husband and I own a 4 bedroom unit (deeded week, not in the club) at Diamonds Greensprings Resort in Williamsburg. We had planned on surrendering it after using our deposit through RCI this year, we were told by Diamond 3 months ago that we could do this but they have now suspended the deed backs till further notice. We would still like to deed it back to them if anyone has any ideas on this please let me know. In the meantime we decided to deposit into II instead of RCI where we have been depositing. At II we were told they would only take weeks from The Club not regular deeded weeks. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Diamond told us we could only use RCI to deposit and exchange deeded weeks. Do any other owners of deeded weeks deposit and exchange with any company other than RCI? Any information will be greatly appreciated, Nina
                      Interesting. I own @ Greensprings as well...week 33 (late summer) but SFX does take it.

Comment

Working...
                      X