Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who told you that the most recent purchase would let you qualify for a premier level? That's a critical bit of information. I'm assuming you're talking about Pinnacle as the company you purchased from though the typos in your post make it difficult for me to understand what you've said. I do believe that Pinnacle purchases may help you reach a premiere level, but beyond that the only way you might qualify would be through BG or through Boca Bum/Jim. I actually doubt there's much that can be done about your situation now. You're simply someone who owns more BG points so you'll have more chances to vacation.

Comment

Sorry, Yes its through Pinnacle. The sales person told us that because we bought through Pinnacle the points would count towards premier level. I asked why when I bought them I wasnt already in premier, they said because I didnt buy them with BG but if we upgraded(buying 11000 more points) they would put all the points I have towards premier level. So we bought. I have called the sales person back and they keep telling me that I should be at gold but I am still at bronze and they are working on it but time keeps rolling by.

Comment

BG membership documents

Hello there,

I am a UNLV PHD student doing my dissertation related to Vacation Ownership(VO) yield management and super-renters(consumers who rent their points for commercial gain). To build the basis for the study I need to examine reservation policies and rules for the major branded VO companies. These rules are generally contained in documents provided to consumers who purchase (non-proprietary). The detail is in documents such as a Members Directory, Trust or Program rules or Governing documents of the club, fee schedules.

Unfortunately I have exhausted my facebook friends who do not own with Bluegreen to acquire documents/PDFs. Friends that helped with other brands found these documents through their member portal as PDFs. While the information posted on TUG2 is great, the “rigor” expected in academic research requires me to locate the actual documents so I may appropriately cite them. "Bluegreen Resorts cancellation policy is X".

I do not require any specific owner information.

Any help or insights on how to acquire the documents would be appreciated.

Stefan Cosentino, MBA
        UNLV Ph.D. student/Instructor
        stefan.cosentino@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by UNLVsearcher View Post
          Hello there,

I am a UNLV PHD student doing my dissertation related to Vacation Ownership(VO) yield management and super-renters(consumers who rent their points for commercial gain). To build the basis for the study I need to examine reservation policies and rules for the major branded VO companies. These rules are generally contained in documents provided to consumers who purchase (non-proprietary). The detail is in documents such as a Members Directory, Trust or Program rules or Governing documents of the club, fee schedules.

Unfortunately I have exhausted my facebook friends who do not own with Bluegreen to acquire documents/PDFs. Friends that helped with other brands found these documents through their member portal as PDFs. While the information posted on TUG2 is great, the “rigor” expected in academic research requires me to locate the actual documents so I may appropriately cite them. "Bluegreen Resorts cancellation policy is X".

I do not require any specific owner information.

Any help or insights on how to acquire the documents would be appreciated.

Stefan Cosentino, MBA
          UNLV Ph.D. student/Instructor
          stefan.cosentino@gmail.com
          Have you tried contacting Bluegreen directly? You could maybe score the whole shebang in one fell swoop. Anything I might have is old enough to maybe be misleading.

Comment

what are the best ways to get a great deal on BG points??

Originally posted by BocaBum99 View Post
            Mok,

I believe you have a good understanding of the situation. You can buy points off eBay and they will still be good for use as points. But, you won't be able to get them to count toward preferred owner status.

When buying on eBay, you need to watch out for hidden fees. To close a Bluegreen transaction that does not receive bonus time or preferred owner benefits, the closing fee should just be $225. And, you should NOT reimburse for annual dues of $115 plus sales tax because that is billed directly to the owner by Bluegreen. If you pay it to the seller, you will be charged again.

Lastly, some eBay sellers do a flip purchase. That means they find a seller, agree to a price. Then, they list it on eBay to find the buyer. Then, they open escrow to close. What happens is a double closing. Once from the seller into the name of the ebayer. Then, from the eBayer to you. That takes twice as long to close. It can take 4-6 months to close. That is painful, especially when you aren't getting developer benefits.

If you are interested in alternatives to eBay and would like developer benefits. Let me know. I can tell you the options for getting it for a relatively good deal.

Comment

Working...
            X