This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new policy regarding referrals to Pinnacle Vacations

It has come to my attention that many Bluegreen owners are going to sales presentations and owner updates and telling the sales reps that they are not purchasing from the resort or sales center because they were told to purchase from me or through me instead. As you might imagine, that puts me in a really bad position because I was not the person who told you to go to the owner update or sales presentation in the first place. So, I need to implement a new policy to get me out of the middle of interactions between owners, potential resort sales prospects and Bluegreen sales representatives.

With that, here is my new policy. If a Bluegreen sales representative, director or vice-President contacts me to inform me that a potential sales prospect of theirs did not purchase from them because of anything I did, said or was rumored to have said or did by other third parties, then I will not be the referral agent for that client for any business done with Pinnacle Vacations. What I will do is allow another Pinnacle Vacations agent support their needs instead.

If that owner or sales prospect believes they were wrongly accused and they did not make any such claims or statements in the sales presentation about me, my website, my screen names, my advertisements or my reputation then I will consider supporting that client if and only if they provide me with a signed and notarized affidavit stating unequivocally that anything about me was not discussed or introduced by them in the sales tour or owner update.

Bluegreen did NOT ask me to come up with this policy. I did it on my own because I thought it was unfair of me to get in the middle of any sales opportunity at the resort or sales center.

Please do not read anything into this new policy. I want you to continue to attend owner updates because they are a very good source of information. I just want to eliminate any conflict of interest I have with the sales centers and resort sales teams.

If you have any questions about this policy, please send me a private message.

Best Regards,

Jim
    My Rental Site
    My Resale Site

How awful it is for people to throw you under the bus!! shaggy

Comment

I think that's a very reasonable policy! And I'm not even a bluegreen owner.

Comment

This policy of mine related to Pinnacle Vacations has done a very good job at eliminating issues with the resort sales teams. It's been over a year and I haven't had any issues until recently. Thanks to all who have kept me out of your dealings with Bluegreen sales teams at the resorts.

Evidently, it just happened again. I was notified that some owner went to a sales presentation at one of the resorts and implicated me in their owner update. It could have been done innocently. Perhaps they didn't know about my policy. So, I am just going to highlight it again to remind people of my rules.

The only thing I want to change is that what I would like is for owners who intend to make a resale purchase to stop attending owner updates. I know you want the free gift. If you do go for the gift, please leave me out of it.

Thanks.
        My Rental Site
        My Resale Site

Comment

Working...
        X