Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluegreen Vacations Announce Settlement

December 10, 2020

Bluegreen Vacations Corp (NYSE: BXG) and Bankrupcy Trustee for Former Timeshare Exit Company (ARMG) American Resort Management Group Announces Settlement as a Victory for Timeshare Owners.

Read full article online

www.businesswire.com

Those "timeshare exit companies" are real bandits. The details of this settlement would be interesting to read, but the link only takes me to the front page of that site, not the actual article.

Comment

Little effort got me to this.
      https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...meshare-Owners
      Don

Comment

Thanks. These exist companies screw over people all the time. Many member-run resorts will take back weeks as deed backs in many circumstances if people just call them. The exit companies charge them well into four figures for what they could have done with a small deed prep and recording fee if they had just made a phone call.

I have even heard of one instance where a woman had four prime summer OBX beach weeks, all of which could easily have been sold for $1,000+, but had to get rid of them due to health problems. Instead of calling a timeshare broker or even her resort, she called an exit company and was charged over $8,000 to take them off of her hands. That was pure fraud.

Comment

Thanks. These exit companies screw over people all the time. Many member-run resorts will take back weeks as deed backs in many circumstances if people just call them. The exit companies charge them well into four figures for what they could have done with a small deed prep and recording fee if they had just made a phone call.

I have even heard of one instance where a woman had four prime summer OBX beach weeks, all of which could easily have been sold for $1,000+, but had to get rid of them due to health problems. Instead of calling a timeshare broker or even her resort, she called an exit company and was charged over $8,000 to take them off of her hands. That was pure fraud.

Comment

I talked the HOA board at my resort into having a deed back program several years ago. I haven't seen many exit company selling weeks on Ebay. The resort had some nice weeks deeded back and sold the good ones without a formal resale program. The bad thing for me was that there are no more cheap weeks on Ebay for me to buy and flip - but I don't really miss the hassle.

Comment

Working...
            X