Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Roadmap to Great. Vacations...NOT! What was Corporate Bluegreen thinking???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Roadmap to Great. Vacations...NOT! What was Corporate Bluegreen thinking???

Bluegreen / Owners / Special Details
    Bluegreen® News

A Roadmap to Great Vacations

Please click the link below to read a "quick start guide" to the rules of the Bluegreen Vacation Club. This roadmap will better assist you in maximizing your ownership as well as make the vacation process easier and quicker.

BVC_Roadmap_July2014.pdf

https://bluegreenowner.com/MS/Specia...p_July2014.pdf

Some highlights....

Interested in Exchange?
    • When owners’ vacation plans take them to Europe, Central or South America, the Far East or simply outside the current Bluegreen Vacations network, exchange is the perfect option!
    • Exchange reservations may be booked a maximum of 11 months and a minimum of 2 weeks prior to check-in. RCI is our current exchange provider.
    • Owners may use their Points to make an exchange reservation online at www.bluegreenonline.com or by calling RCI directly at 800.445.0088.
    • Annual membership fees are paid for through Club Dues. RCI reservation fees are currently $199 per week for website transactions and $209 per week for phone transactions.

***** some incorrect information? I can exchange thru RCI -2 years out...not 11 months. And I wonder why they say it cuts off at 2 weeks*****

And this next is REALLY bad!

To give all Club members fair access to available inventory, a maximum of 100 advance reservations (or 500 nights), with no more than 10 reservations in a single destination or region, may be confirmed and/or pending at any given point in time. Should you exceed the maximum reservation or nightly allowance, reservations will automatically be canceled on your behalf to bring you into compliance. The standard administration fees may apply

• Priority Reservations may be booked 13 months in advance of check-in day before the general 11-month reservations window. You must use the specific segment & unit number associated with your ownership. If Priority Reservations are not reserved in advance of the 11-month window, they are relinquished.

***** I have three priority deeds in La Cabana, plus I usually book 3-5 Resies for family/friends.

So with this new regulation, I will not be able to take advantage of my Platinum Wait List 15 month Premiere Benefit because until my current years reservations pass, I can not wait list or reserve my priority weeks, as it would be more then 10 reservations at the same resort....

VERY VERY VERY. Annoying and frustrating!

Why is Bluegreen hurting its owners that have supported the company by paying maint fees on all their points???
    And now I can't help my friends who want to add a few days into their week long stays at La Cabana to get better airfare....because a 2 day reservation and a 14 day reservation are both counted as ONE reservation out of 10

I am really REALLY upset by these new policies!
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

One thing about TS systems that you like . . . that will change.

But, I'm sure if you try, you will find a way to make it work for you.

Does that make you feel better?

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Hate to say it, but it never seems to be a good thing to own too much in any one particular club.
      I imagine that Bluegreen is trying to cut down on spec renters, but they don't realize the damage
      that is done to mega point owners who actually use their product like a second home like you do.
      Sorry that this happened to you.

Maybe you should share your distaste with the new policy on their Facebook page.
      Social Media seems to get the attention of these big companies.

Comment

Another bad thing about it is that some owners have gotten individual emails or letters about the new 10 reservation restriction but others of us have gotten no official notification.

Comment

Remember back in the Ole Days when everything was proprietary, so we figured things out in cooperation with each other, and then in open forums?

Then we learned that whatever it is we liked, or cared about, that we just gave it the kiss of death, because folks were watching, and reading. Even Inside Guy told me that, that adjustments are made based on what is being said, and done. We all know there are departments whose job it is to scour the Internet. We know people who have been reprimanded, not for what they did, but for what they said they might do. Accounts have been put on watch and reservations canceled, without due process.

There's been a lot of free-wheeling BG owners on the Internet, like on craigslist, so, there ya go.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Well it's not going to do any company including Bluegreen any good to piss off their best customers.
            Google will be happy to share any bad feelings from any owners when their customers who just purchased at
            retail prices google Bluegreen and decide to rescind.
            It's not good business for either side to have all this negativity going on.

Here is some hard feelings from their Facebook page.
            You'd think they'd be worried, guess not.

Cheryl Gogan Bluegreen RIPPED ME OFF FOR OVER $12,700!!!! Stay Far away from Bluegreen Resorts!!!!
            Like · Reply · September 4 at 10:08am

Joey Young Be nice if u could FIND a reservation when you're looking for one! About ready to sell ours because of this!!
            Like · Reply · 1 · September 3 at 8:33am

Bluegreen Vacations Hi Joey. We'd love to see you on vacation. When you get a moment, please send us a Private Message
            with more information including your account number/telephone number. Thank you!
            Like · September 3 at 12:17pm

Julie Pearson Good luck trying to sell, we tried that. It's harder to get out of than prison (not that I have been in prison!)
            Like · 1 · September 3 at 1:32pm

Wendy Conaway Hartman Blue green....what a joke don't like them

Comment

Gosh . . . been saying stuff like that for how long now?

Of course there are as lot of unhappy timeshare owners, not just BG. You can stick any timeshare-related company, and add "complaints" on the end, in a google search, and it will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by akparsa View Post
                Another bad thing about it is that some owners have gotten individual emails or letters about the new 10 reservation restriction but others of us have gotten no official notification.
                I did not get a notice as I have never had more then 10 resies at one resort.
                But in the past year I have acquired 3 new deeds for 3 weeks in a Thursday checkin at La Cabana…and since they are counting your resies PLUS your wait list as "10" I will have problems with getting my time.
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  I did not get a notice as I have never had more then 10 resies at one resort.
                  But in the past year I have acquired 3 new deeds for 3 weeks in a Thursday checkin at La Cabana…and since they are counting your resies PLUS your wait list as "10" I will have problems with getting my time.
                  Maybe since you didn't get a notice it doesn't apply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                    Remember back in the Ole Days when everything was proprietary, so we figured things out in cooperation with each other, and then in open forums?

Then we learned that whatever it is we liked, or cared about, that we just gave it the kiss of death, because folks were watching, and reading. Even Inside Guy told me that, that adjustments are made based on what is being said, and done. We all know there are departments whose job it is to scour the Internet. We know people who have been reprimanded, not for what they did, but for what they said they might do. Accounts have been put on watch and reservations canceled, without due process.

There's been a lot of free-wheeling BG owners on the Internet, like on craigslist, so, there ya go.

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                    Gosh . . . been saying stuff like that for how long now?

Of course there are as lot of unhappy timeshare owners, not just BG. You can stick any timeshare-related company, and add "complaints" on the end, in a google search, and it will be the same.
                    I respectfully ask you to keep on topic - Bluegreen's change in reservation policy.
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                      Maybe since you didn't get a notice it doesn't apply to you.
                      I did not get the email because I currently do not have over 10 resies at one resort.
                      I did in April-July, bit not right now.
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

"But in the past year I have acquired 3 new deeds for 3 weeks in a Thursday checkin at La Cabana…and since they are counting your resies PLUS your wait list as "10" I will have problems with getting my time."

GrayFal,

They do include your deeded weeks, bonus time, and any other reservations in the same region as counting toward the limit.

I can't confirm the deeded week thing personally but that is what people on Bluegreen Forum on Yahoo are reporting. In other words, if you had 12 deeded weeks at La Cabana, under this rule you could not take your priority on all of them.

I tried to book bonus time a few days ago at Big Cedar and got the error message about having more than 10.

In the interest of transparency, I do currently have more than 10 at Big Cedar; I have a group of families traveling with me in March, plus we have several short personal use reservations and some "low impact" rental reservations. (low impact = non peak times in regular lodges; no cabins, no summer reservations). These non-peak reservations are treated exactly the same as someone who has 10 weeks of reservations in 2 or 3 bedroom cabins.

Despite the fact that I have more than 10 reservations, I have not received any communication from Bluegreen. I only know about this because I tried to make that bonus time reservation and then went hunting on the various timeshare boards to find out what was up.

Anita
                        akparsa
                        Last edited by akparsa; 09-08-2014, 09:51 PM. Reason: added quote

Comment

Originally posted by akparsa View Post
                          "But in the past year I have acquired 3 new deeds for 3 weeks in a Thursday checkin at La Cabana…and since they are counting your resies PLUS your wait list as "10" I will have problems with getting my time."

GrayFal,

They do include your deeded weeks, bonus time, and any other reservations in the same region as counting toward the limit.

I can't confirm the deeded week thing personally but that is what people on Bluegreen Forum on Yahoo are reporting. In other words, if you had 12 deeded weeks at La Cabana, under this rule you could not take your priority on all of them.

I tried to book bonus time a few days ago at Big Cedar and got the error message about having more than 10.

In the interest of transparency, I do currently have more than 10 at Big Cedar; I have a group of families traveling with me in March, plus we have several short personal use reservations and some "low impact" rental reservations. (low impact = non peak times in regular lodges; no cabins, no summer reservations). These non-peak reservations are treated exactly the same as someone who has 10 weeks of reservations in 2 or 3 bedroom cabins.

Despite the fact that I have more than 10 reservations, I have not received any communication from Bluegreen. I only know about this because I tried to make that bonus time reservation and then went hunting on the various timeshare boards to find out what was up.

Anita
                          From what I have read on the yahoo group as well, they WILL be canceling your reservations over 10 after a certain date.

There are a lot of people scrabbling to decide what to keep and what to ask friends to rebook for them.

What a mess.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

Oops! This site is currently down for maintenance. We'll be back online soon.

The message I just got while trying to log into the Bluegreen website.
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

OK, having let this grow on me, and understanding the desire of these types of companies to limit timesharing to personal, non-commercial use, it seems like in most cases more than 10 reservations would be an indication of commercial usage. For most people 10 reservation for the next two years would be a lot.

Now, if they had way to make exceptions, say for those like Ray Harper, who had 26 reservations for themselves each year, I can understand their attempt to stifle the commercial usage. When Big Cedar first opened, it was a long time before there was exchange availability, and in the meantime it was being offered by BG owners on craigslist.

As we all have learned, when stuff is limited, it has more value, but when it is made available to everyone, en masse, that cheapens it. RCI would know that, for instance.

Comment

Working...
                              X