This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG/RCI Portal Fees 10/1/12 & RCI Cancelation Policy

I was unsure about what the RCI fees were when going thru the BG site - Travelers Plus - Points Smart - RCI Nightly Stays - "Get Started Now" button.

RCI website said Call BG, BG website said Call RCI - anyway, an email to Customer Service got me the following info, slightly different then "regular" RCI Point exchanges.
    Here is the BG/RCI Portal exchange prices, a bit different then "regular" RCI Points $$$

RCI Nightly Stays Exchange Fees:

1-3 Nights
    $79 (online)
    $89 (call center)

4-6 Nights
    $129 (online)
    $139 (call center)

7+ Nights
    $149 (online)
    $159 (call center)

RCI Weeks Exchange Fees as of 1/1/12:

Domestic Exchange Fee
    $189 (online)
    $199 (call center)

International Exchange Fee
    $189 (online)
    $199 (call center)
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Isn’t 7 nights a week ? So why is the fee less !

Can you book `14 nights instead of two weeks because its cheaper ?

Comment

Originally posted by stevec View Post
      Isn’t 7 nights a week ? So why is the fee less !

Can you book `14 nights instead of two weeks because its cheaper ?
      There are two separate pools of inventory. Nightly Stays are RCI Point resorts. I made a 9 night resie last year and it cost 149.

RCI Weeks are just that. Deposits of 7 night intervals and they must be booked as 7 day stays. Each 7 night exchange cost one exchange fee.

HTH
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Just my two cents, and I see both sides. I get that they are two seperate inventories, but the "service" they are providing is the same regardless of how many nights. This never made sense to me, it takes the same amount of time, effort, etc. so why charge different amounts based on the number of nights?

Of course another cash grab on RCI.

Comment

Outside of Bluegreen (direct RCI memberships), RCI charges more for the annual membership for a points owner but the selling point was that the exchange fee was lower to trade into a point resort. A weeks resort membership is lower but a higher exchange fee.

Comment

Adding cancelation information to this thread….

10. What if I need to cancel my exchange reservation?
            Once you book an exchange reservation with RCI, you have a 24 hour grace period window to modify or cancel the reservation with no penalty. Owners must contact the RCI call center at 800.445.0088 to cancel a reservation. Exchange cancellations cannot be made online.
            If you cancel your exchange reservation outside of the grace period, the cancellation is processed in accordance with the current RCI cancellation policy. If the cancellation allows for a refund of Points, the Points will stay on your RCI account for a future booking. Please see the schedule below for the percentage of Points that will remain on your account when cancelling your exchange reservation outside the grace period:

120 Days or greater - 100% Points refunded
            119 Days to 61 days - 75% Points refunded
            60 Days to 30 days - 50% Points refunded
            29 Days or less - 25% Points refunded
            Those Points will be available for future reservations with RCI for the current use year plus one additional year. This is based on the effective date that your ownership was set up with RCI (begins the month after purchasing Vacation Club ownership).
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

So these points will stay on your RCI and not go back into the BG "pool." So say I book with my biennial points before they expire on RCI and then have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. Will I still have those points plus my new points? I hope that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by triniciak View Post
                So these points will stay on your RCI and not go back into the BG "pool." So say I book with my biennial points before they expire on RCI and then have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. Will I still have those points plus my new points? I hope that makes sense?
                The canceled points will stay in the RCI account. I imagine if you searched for something in RCI you would see both "sets" of points, the canceled ones with an end date and the current ones with an end date.

In my account now on RCI, I see my saved points with a 6 month end date and my regular pints with a 2 year end date.
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  The canceled points will stay in the RCI account. I imagine if you searched for something in RCI you would see both "sets" of points, the canceled ones with an end date and the current ones with an end date.

In my account now on RCI, I see my saved points with a 6 month end date and my regular pints with a 2 year end date.
                  Thank you! I called BG/RCI today. If I cancel outside the "grace period" and before the 120 day mark then I will keep those points in the RCI system

Comment

Good to know info on the cancelation policy

Comment

Working...
                    X