This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my timeshare in 6 months!!

When I first started looking into selling my timeshare, I got so overwhelmed with people calling me non-stop asking me to pay HIGH (some would say $1,000+!!!) prices to list my timeshare. Even when I called companies they ALL required a huge amount of money upfront.

I did a lot of research, (people from different websites still call me to this day!) and finally listed my timeshare with .com, they required a low fee upfront, and then once it SELLS, they collect the rest.

With them still "hungry" for the rest of the fee once it was SOLD, they were working for ME. (Not just taking my money and running!)

My timeshare with Marriott sold in less than six months, and for close to my asking price.

I would ALSO suggest not over pricing your timeshare, you will never make back what you paid for at the resort, but at least I got about 75% back.

Good luck, try them out!
    I spoke with Joe, and his number is #x
    He really helped from the start to end, I am so pleased!

(I also set up a rental in Maui for this summer!)

Originally posted by RufusWillard
    When I first started looking into selling my timeshare, I got so overwhelmed with people calling me non-stop asking me to pay HIGH (some would say $1,000+!!!) prices to list my timeshare. Even when I called companies they ALL required a huge amount of money upfront.

I did a lot of research, (people from different websites still call me to this day!) and finally listed my timeshare with .com, they required a low fee upfront, and then once it SELLS, they collect the rest.

With them still "hungry" for the rest of the fee once it was SOLD, they were working for ME. (Not just taking my money and running!)

My timeshare with Marriott sold in less than six months, and for close to my asking price.

I would ALSO suggest not over pricing your timeshare, you will never make back what you paid for at the resort, but at least I got about 75% back.

Good luck, try them out!
    I spoke with Joe, and his number is #x
    He really helped from the start to end, I am so pleased!

(I also set up a rental in Maui for this summer!)
    75% OF RETAIL OR RESALE? resale I might believe. Maybe. NOT!

There are a few I'd recommend with no money up front.

Tell us more so we know you are not scamming our membership.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Well, that was a nice first shill, er, post.

Comment

The op forgot to say he was paid in

Washington Mutual stock

jmho,

Greg
        Yes it is Safe in Mexico

http://www.timeshareparadise.net

Comment

Haven't we seen similar first posts before???????????

Comment

Sold my timeshare in 1 week!

I just sell mine myself. The last one I sold was listed on craigslist for less than one week. That is the fifth timeshare I sold myself. None of them took longer than one month.

Comment

There are a lot of details missing here. Like: How much was the upfront fee? How much was the remainder of the collection fee? Even if you make a decent amount of money on a sale (which is highly unlikely), if the resale company takes most of your money - you're still out quite a lot of money. And, as others have said, there are other ways to sell without having to fork over extra money.

Comment

I know everyone always thinks whoever posts good testimonials about timeshare resale companies is lying. I don't know how to prove to you all, I'd be happy to, what do you need to see? I have paid other companies in the past to "list" my timeshare, and it's always been a waste of my money, I just wanted to share the good news on

Comment

How much did it cost to sell your timeshare:
                  Upfront fees
                  Closing costs
                  Any other costs or fees involved.
                  How long from the time the sale until you get paid?

You said he also set up a rental, how much does that cost?
                  Don

Comment

Originally posted by vintner
                    How much did it cost to sell your timeshare:
                    Upfront fees
                    Closing costs
                    Any other costs or fees involved.
                    How long from the time the sale until you get paid?

You said he also set up a rental, how much does that cost?
                    Upfront was $300, time of sale was $300. They originally wanted $400 Upfront, and $200 at sale, I said I would pay 50/50, that's all I could honestly afford.

Buyer ALWAYS pays closing costs, it should never be a question that you have to pay, Mine went through Timeshare Title, which is a pretty well-known TS closing company.

There wasn't any other fees, but I had already paid my 2009 maintenance, so I just considered myself out on that end. (My fees were are ~$700 annually)

Closing was 5 weeks, from start to finish, once I had been paid, as part of the contract I sent XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$300.

I rented a week at Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas for $950 for the week. They charge a rental fee of $50, which covers paperwork. I'd rather just rent one when I want to, where I want to go then dealing with RCI and II.

does anyone know how to make an avatar?

Comment

For avatars, this may help: http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...1-avatars.html

Comment

Originally posted by RufusWillard
                        I know everyone always thinks whoever posts good testimonials about timeshare resale companies is lying. I don't know how to prove to you all, I'd be happy to, what do you need to see? I have paid other companies in the past to "list" my timeshare, and it's always been a waste of my money, I just wanted to share the good news on
                        Not really. Most of these sites has very low % of sale chance. It just happen you finally sold it, and it is through this site. If anyone do it in different order, they may get sale at other site that you think over charge you. And they will have greater chance not get sale from the site you sold out.

Welcome to the forum, what is your first name, and what resort and week you sold?

Jya-Ning
                        Jya-Ning

Comment

Originally posted by Jya-Ning View Post
                          Welcome to the forum, what is your first name, and what resort and week you sold?

Jya-Ning
                          If I had any money left, I would bet Rufus. But then again, it could be a character in his favorite book. I just never know.
                          Don

Comment

Do you have any you would recommend? I have used one in the past and was somewhat successful. I now one three weeks as a result of purchases off of ebay (Kauai, Caymans and Florida) and I would like to sell the Florida one. Just looking for thoughts?

Comment

Try in the classifieds on this forum for a start.. If the property has actual resale value, you may find a broker willing to assist you. If not, you are looking at liquidating the ownership. There is a thread dealing this issue now here:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...-paid-off.html
                              my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                              ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Working...
                              X