Smugglers notch and Wyndham buy ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smugglers notch and Wyndham buy ins

Does anyone have any thoughts on the buy in through Wyndham for Smugglers Notch resort? We are owners at Smugglers and Wyndham is all over us to buy in to their program. They want an additional $25,000 for this. I don't know if it pays.

I guess they really want to get another 25K of your dollars.

Comment

I believe I used the term "cash cow" recently.

This would be a form of what I had in mind, relying on people you already have to get more $$$.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Hlpmerhondas View Post
        Does anyone have any thoughts on the buy in through Wyndham for Smugglers Notch resort? We are owners at Smugglers and Wyndham is all over us to buy in to their program. They want an additional $25,000 for this. I don't know if it pays.
        This is not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
          This is not a good idea.
          Hey, wait a minute. I own WYN stock, and would like all owners to fork over another $25K.

Besides, how are those at the top going to get their Multi-million $ bonuses?
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I am an owner there since 1999 at West Hill- a 2 bedroom- week 30 with an attached floater week. I own weeks, not RCI points- never converted to that, much less Wyndham. Save your money as you can always buys points on EBay or another resale site like TUG.

The question is- are you happy with your ownership?

We no longer belong to RCI but when we did we got some really good trades on our floater. We never trade our fixed summer week as we love going to the resort in summer. Now when we trade our floater- which we rarely do that anymore, either, we use one of the small independent trading companies.

When we want additional vacations, we just rent timeshares from other owners.

That said, I have spoken to some owners around the pool that really like their Wyndham ownership. I think they converted in the very beginning when Wyndham first got involved with the resort and supposedly got a "good" deal, which is subjective to say the least.

Best to stay away from the Wyndham sales people.

Comment

Originally posted by mpumilia View Post
              Best to stay away from the Wyndham sales people.
              But they keep coming to my golf course.

Comment

I have spoken to some owners around the pool that really like their Wyndham ownership.
                I really like my Wyndham ownership, too, but I bought it on the secondary market for less than a dime a dollar. You can do even better today.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                  I believe I used the term "cash cow" recently.

This would be a form of what I had in mind, relying on people you already have to get more $$$.
                  You used the term "cash cow" with regard to maintenance fees. This has to do with a potential purchase and here you are exactly right. Going to the existing owners at every vacation, to sell sell them more, squeezing them, for more money is very much analogous to squeezing poor Bossie's tit for more milk every day

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                    You used the term "cash cow" with regard to maintenance fees. This has to do with a potential purchase and here you are exactly right. Going to the existing owners at every vacation, to sell sell them more, squeezing them, for more money is very much analogous to squeezing poor Bossie's tit for more milk every day
                    You say "in regards to maintenance fees" because you want to say "in regards to maintenance fees", disregarding how I intended it. People do that on the Internet and in real life, decide what someone else said to suit themselves.

As a former captive of Mr. Siegel's cash cow, I intend it in that manner, entities involved in the timeshare industry who use people they have already obtained money from to get more, even on the way out .

After all, some/most of them have already demonstrated they are an easy target.

Comment

Working...
                    X