2017 trans-Atlantic fare of $69 OW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 trans-Atlantic fare of $69 OW

Low cost carrier Norwegian will begin offering budget TATL flights in summer 2017 for $69 one way between Edinburgh, Scotland and New York. Norwegian already offers cheap fares on other TATL routes, but this is half the fare of its current cheapest offerings. The economy will be achieved by using the new super fuel efficient Boeing 737MAX airplanes it is buying which will be introduced on that new route and by using less expensive airports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/de...0-next-summer/

Some of the legacy carriers want to charge more than $69 in rip-off ''fuel surcharges'' alone on TATL flights.

Now all we need is cheaper flights from the West coast to New York. Flying out of our small airport is almost as expensive (San Luis Obispo to LAX or SFO) as going across the country. The alternative is a 4 hour drive. The only savings come when the flight is purchased as part of a longer routing and then you are stuck with the major carriers. It works the same way to fly to Hawaii. It works out cheaper to drive to a major city and pay parking, especially when you consider the time limitations because of the limited number of flights out of here. Seems that there are some advantages to living in the metro areas.
    Tom

Comment

I took Norwegian RT to Paris and liked the airline very much.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Except their wesite is horrible. The English interface needs work!

Comment

Norwegian flies to some other US destinations, but not quite as cheap. I am hoping we will see those 737MAX aircraft with the cheap fares flying to destinations a bit farther south, like ORF or BWI.

Comment

Working...
          X