Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Nightmare that was Loon ~ The Mountain Club On Loon (#1358) Lincoln, N.H.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Nightmare that was Loon ~ The Mountain Club On Loon (#1358) Lincoln, N.H.

Back in May of 2015, we exchanged our unit at The Bay Voyage for a 1 bedroom suite in Lincoln. We had been to this area before, and were very excited to return as there's so much to do in the area. We began searching and planning, and even booked a few things online in anticipation. When that day finally came, we were beyond excited when we could check in early. However it was downhill from there. As we were leaving our unit on Saturday morning to go sightseeing, we got to talking to the maid in the hallway, who informed us that we were on her list as we were checking out! ~ wait...what??? we just checked in for the week!!! We told her there was a mistake, please do not enter our room, as always we had left a do not disturb sign on the door, and we headed for the front desk. At the desk we were assured that we were indeed there for the week, and they weren't sure where the confusion came in, but all was straightened out. On Sunday we again had been sightseeing and returned to the unit around four. About an hour later we left for dinner, returning about an hour and a half later ~ only to be locked out of our room!!! The do not disturb sign was removed, (which we keep as a permanent fixture in the door for as long as we are there, as we don't want anyone else in the room), and once again we headed for the front desk. Again they tried to tell us they didn't know what had happened, assured us we were there for the week, and re-keyed our cards. (Maybe they should've been keyed CORRECTLY the first time...........) We returned to our room to find the do not disturb sign on the floor about two feet inside the door, and the bedroom door ajar!!! (We both double checked that both inner doors were locked before we left.......) Thank God there was nothing missing, but this whole incident was very upsetting, and made us feel so uncomfortable that we wanted to leave. We had plans for the week though, with non refundable deposits. After a loud scene was made at the front desk - in front of other guests - I received a phone call from the manager trying to convince us to stay. Bottom line, we did receive a three course meal in their restaurant........very little in comparison to our inconvenience. And you better believe we were sure to put a chair under the door handle each night before bed. A night or so later, we decided to visit the hot tub, (you have to sign in and out ~ so there is NO DOUBT when guests are occupying it.............), the water level was low, maybe 2 or 3 inches above the seat, but never the less felt good. There were 2 other couples there, each of whom left shortly afterward, one of these couples must've reported the low level, because it started filling WITH COLD WATER WHILE WE WERE THERE!!! We left within minutes..............but returned the next day to check the water level. We were assured that the girl had filled it, but upon inspection it was lower than the night before. There was no one there, so it would have been a perfect opportunity to fill it. But for the remainder of our stay, and we checked everyday, it remained low.

At first glance, this resort seemed very nice, and was supplied with all the necessary kitchen equipment to make this "home base" comfortable for the week, even a starter supply of soap and toilet paper. Since we had a suite, we had both sides of the lock-off. One side included the living room, with 2 Murphy beds, a full kitchen and a full bath. All furniture and appliances were fairly new and in good condition. The other side included the bedroom, with a very comfortable King sized bed, a full bath, and a deck off of the bedroom. The parking was under the resort units and was very convenient. There was an elevator in the building, and everything in the resort was accessible from inside.

We had chosen this resort not for the resort itself, but for the area, which is amazing. Would we return to this area? In a heartbeat! Would we return to this resort? Only if Hell Froze Over!!!
    Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Originally posted by susieq View Post
    Would we return to this resort? Only if Hell Froze Over!!!
    It won't be this week:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ecast+for+hell

But if it does, I hope the hot tub is hot.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Comment

We stayed there once. Totally wacked out staff. Pathetic maintenance. Not hard to believe that Marriott dumped the place.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          We stayed there once. Totally wacked out staff. Pathetic maintenance. Not hard to believe that Marriott dumped the place.

Wish I had known this when I was doing all the research...............

Comment

Those doing research now will know:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...e.html#REVIEWS

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

You should have asked. I visit the area often and have done so since the 1970's. I like the Lincoln area as a base and generally recommend Pollard Brook/InnSeasons, South Mountain and Deer Park as my top 3 choices in that order. The only place worse than The Mountain Club was the Village of Loon Mountain, and that was a total disaster and I think we may have left there early.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                Those doing research now will know:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...e.html#REVIEWS

You found it!!! GREAT!!! Lets hope the right people see it!! ~ There are about 4 -5 copies out there in different places....................(I don't get mad I get even...............)

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                  You should have asked. I visit the area often and have done so since the 1970's. I like the Lincoln area as a base and generally recommend Pollard Brook/InnSeasons, South Mountain and Deer Park as my top 3 choices in that order. The only place worse than The Mountain Club was the Village of Loon Mountain, and that was a total disaster and I think we may have left there early.

No worries................Thought I did ask................was reading lots of reviews back then, and doing lots of research ~ obviously not enough though!!

Comment

Working...
                  X