Value Trader - Cancun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value Trader - Cancun

Hi, has anybody heard or dealt with Value Trader (valuetrader.com) from Cancun? Are they a legit company who can really do transfer of ownership? Thanks.

First time I've heard the name tho I'm not as familiar with Cancun as I once was. My first advice would be to assume they are not legit until you find out otherwise.

Comment

I've done all my past Cancun transfers myself or thru a USA based transfer company. Are you buying or selling and what resort ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
        First time I've heard the name tho I'm not as familiar with Cancun as I once was. My first advice would be to assume they are not legit until you find out otherwise.
        Problem is, I've signed a "contract" where this company is suppose to transfer the ownership of my timeshare as a trade-in and I'm not sure if this company in Cancun can run after me in Canada in case I ignore the supposed agreement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds a bit like the trade-in scam to sell you a new timeshare, but they never take ownership of your trade in. As to coming after you, they can try if they have anything legal involved, but the expense of dealing country to country can be very frustrating and expensive, particularly with varying laws.

I still don't feel like I know the whole story.

Comment

In the USA, value trader is a day trading software.

Anything and everything in Mexico is a scam of some sort, imo. Recently the trend is clubs or memberships that do not involve buying a timeshare but a membership. It is hard to cancel a membership or a timeshare contract after the rescission period of 5 days.

Cancel now, especially if you don't know what you bought or have to give up.

Comment

I've done all my past Cancun transfers myself or thru a USA based transfer company. Are you buying or selling and what resort ?
              I have traded my old resort in Canada to a resort in Cancun (Imperial Fiesta Club) as a discount. Value Trader is suppose to transfer the ownership of my old resort to their name but I have to pay them $1200 for them to do the transfer. If I dont pay them the xfer fee they say I have to pay them the full discount I got for Imperial. I dont know if they can run after me from Mexico if I dont pay them since the deal can be a scam.

Comment

Sounds a bit like the trade-in scam to sell you a new timeshare, but they never take ownership of your trade in. As to coming after you, they can try if they have anything legal involved, but the expense of dealing country to country can be very frustrating and expensive, particularly with varying laws.

I still don't feel like I know the whole story.
                You're right tonyg, it looks like a trade-in scam. They want me to pay $1200 for them to do the xfer but I'm afraid they will not do the transfer and my old timeshare remains with me even after I pay them the xfer fee. I just dont know if they can really sue me from Mexico if I ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                  In the USA, value trader is a day trading software.

Anything and everything in Mexico is a scam of some sort, imo. Recently the trend is clubs or memberships that do not involve buying a timeshare but a membership. It is hard to cancel a membership or a timeshare contract after the rescission period of 5 days.

Cancel now, especially if you don't know what you bought or have to give up.
                  Unfortunately The buyer's remorse period has passed and I cant cancel the deal. I actually like the new resort; it is the transfer of my old resort which concerns me. It can be a scam even after I pay them $1200.

Comment

Jose. I just merged your two threads. Keep all the info in one place.
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                      Jose. I just merged your two threads. Keep all the info in one place.
                      Ok, thanks GrayFal.

Comment

Working...
                      X