Two pending purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two pending purchases

I recently purchased two timeshares and I'm waiting to close on both. One is RCI points and the other RCI weeks. I haven't received paperwork on either of the weeks, so I'm not sure what the best way to join RCI. My understanding is that a points account comes with a free weeks account, so would it be best to try to process that application first?

I also read somewhere that if you have a weeks account and you subsequently open a points account that RCI will refund you the weeks subscription fee. I'm not sure if that is true.

Would it be best just to proceed with both applications like I'm a new member on both and see what happens? My concern with doing this is that I might end up with two separate accounts and have to pay annual fees on both. Maybe it would be best to process the points account first and wait for an account number and then transfer the weeks timeshare?

Whatever you pay for the weeks account will be credited towards future points yearly membership fees. You will have two account numbers anyway, it is just a matter of whether you want to pay two fees that will eventually apply to your points account or just one.

Comment

You may want to try to get the points account established first. Did you buy from a private buyer or a company? Either way, you may want to download this form and fill out the buyers part and send it to the seller. Once RCI receives it, it can take another month before your account is established. If you want to trade with your weeks account before this one is set up you can and you will receive a prorated refund for the weeks account. If you don't want to trade the weeks week, I would just wait and set that up later.

Comment

Thanks philsfan! I'll just pay the two fees as I don't want to hold anything up! Thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
          You may want to try to get the points account established first. Did you buy from a private buyer or a company? Either way, you may want to download this form and fill out the buyers part and send it to the seller. Once RCI receives it, it can take another month before your account is established. If you want to trade with your weeks account before this one is set up you can and you will receive a prorated refund for the weeks account. If you don't want to trade the weeks week, I would just wait and set that up later.
          Thanks Sally! The weeks account was a private sale and the points was a purchased on ebay. I'm thinking that the private sale (weeks account) is going to go much quicker because the seller is very cooperative.

Comment

Joe..
            Can I ask how much did you pay on ebay for the points and how many did you buy ?

Comment

I paid $300 for 55,000 points MFs are $538 with 2013 fees paid and points available.

I actually decided to focus on Wyndham points, so I wish I didn't buy these points.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                I paid $300 for 55,000 points MFs are $538 with 2013 fees paid and points available.

I actually decided to focus on Wyndham points, so I wish I didn't buy these points.
                If my 2014 Wyndham points weren't already booked, I would offer to trade some of my Wyndham Points for your RCI Points. I have both... but really more Wyndham points than I need. I recently started doing Wyndham reservations rentals, which has obviously helped use up the points, but takes more time & effort than I want to give. I like RCI Points because it gives me access to more locations and I get home group (VRI) priority.
                Juanita

Comment

I would also join some of the independent exchange companies. Often you find better exchanges there and many of those memberships are free:

www.sfx-rresorts.com
                  www.daelive.com
                  www.htse.net
                  www.platinuminterchange.com
                  www.tradingplaces.com
                  www.ukre.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                    I would also join some of the independent exchange companies. Often you find better exchanges there and many of those memberships are free:

www.sfx-rresorts.com
                    www.daelive.com
                    www.htse.net
                    www.platinuminterchange.com
                    www.tradingplaces.com
                    www.ukre.co.uk
                    Thanks!!!! I will look into these other exchange companies.

Just wondering if I don't pay RCI for a few years if when I try to sell will the week be out of the points program. Will the resort want another conversion fee?

Comment

Working...
                    X