unorganized resale market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unorganized resale market

Ive been trying to sell my TS @Star Island for almost a year now. Contacting 'reputable' resale companies is a joke. If I email them, they never answer. If I call for info, they offer to send materials and it never arrives. At this point, Im (as well as the potential buyer) on the verge of losing a week (32) because I havent been able to find someone to buy, or someone to help me sell. Can anyone offer a company they've dealt with recently?
    Thanks in advance for your help

I assume this is in Florida. Have you contacted Boca as he may be able to help. If not I have had good luck with Transhare Transfer who is located in Vero Beach, Florida if all you need is tranfer services and not also sales services.

I think there are a few others on this site who can legally do transfers for others.

We lately have done a few tranfers of our own Florida timeshares that we have sold.

If you go the county website were your ownership is located and find the register of deeds area you will find some helpfull information regarding transfers.

If you have a buyer and your buyer wants to use it this year nothing should stop you from renting to them this year while you find a transfer process that works for you.

Good luck.

Bruce
    The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

If you are looking to find a buyer, this is a tough market out there, and most of the resale companies look for steep upfront fees and then never deliver a buyer. Once they have your money, there is no incentive for them to sell. You can try to find a resale agent that does not charge upfront fees, but if you don't owe anything on the timeshare and you just want to get out from under the maintenance fees, you will probably be able to give it away. You can list your free or next-to-free timeshare here on TS4Ms, on ebay, on craigslist, or on Timeshare Users Group (TUG). Summer in Orlando should be desirable for a family who likes to go to Disney, but there are so many free ones out there that it may be hard to get any real money for yours.
      Jacki

Comment

The market for Star Island is basically non-existent at this point.. I have several liquidation listings for both weeks and points that have not moved, and they are offered as $1. plus buyer pays closing costs (approx $350 for deeding and $299. for transfer fee to Wyndham).

Focus on trying to use your ownership.. That may be the only way to get any value at this point!
        my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
        ~Earl Wilson

Comment

There is a bit of organization, but mostly on the criminal side.

Comment

Working...
          X