• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite Family Oriented All Inclusive in Puerto Vallarta

Feb 22- 29, 2020
    Velas Vallarta
    Puerto Vallarta

We arrived to Velas Vallarta safely and pulled up to entrance where bellmen unloaded our car and valet took the car to park. Simple, friendly, easy Welcome Home. As usual check in was a breeze, quick, easy and efficient. We were given room 3307, a Villa Plus 1 bedroom. We told the bellmen what room and they met us at the room with our things.

The entrance to the room is on back side of building which actually has an awesome view of Puerto Vallarta and the ocean. You enter into the unit, into a hall which extends straight out thru the unit. To the left is the kitchen with a full size refrigerator, fully stocked daily with beer, water, milk, juice, & sodas. It has burners for cooking, double sink, coffee maker, blender, toaster, dish soap and sponge, dish towels, ice cube trays. Dishes, pans and utensils. The counter is double tiered and open, looking over dining room. There is a table for 4, which is actually set and ready to eat should you wish, nice touch. There is also a snack basket on counter with a variety of cereals, chips, cookies, granola bars, popcorn, coffee packets and teas, also restocked daily.

A buffet table is to the right of the dining room against the wall. Beyond the dining room straight ahead is the living room with an L-Shaped built in cement couch with plenty of padding. I prefer this set up though many find it dated but it is practical and comfortable in my view. A large coffee table and of course an interactive TV on top of a cabinet great for storage.
    The living room has sliding doors which lead to a balcony which extends length of unit and has a dining table, chairs with a table in between and a great view of the ocean, beautiful grounds and pools below. Curtains on the sliding doors are black out curtains which is great for late sleepers.

Between the dining room and living room is a walkway which leads directly into the bathroom, which has a shower with tub, great water pressure, plenty of plush towels and hot water. Along with amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, soap lotion, a sewing kit, and such and we did have a toothbrush break so they were more than accommodating in bringing us one with no extra charge of course.

To the right is the bedroom with a plush king bed, cozy and comfortable bedding , two nightstands, a clock, phone and a safe in the closet, with lots of hangers. Iron and ironing board, they also offer washing and ironing services to your room for a charge. More storage underneath another TV, with draws for settling in. I really settle myself in when I stay here at Velas Vallarta. The bedroom also has sliding doors leading to the balcony with black out curtains.

The elevators function well and are actually fairly new. The grounds are astounding, walkways of brick, lovely landscaping and a lazy river between pools, a kiddies pool and playground, just a total tropical splendorous delight to wander the grounds. They have what is referred to as the active pool and lazy pool, self explanatory. Lots of pool games and outside of pool games, swim up bar, pool service and two restaurants along with a third they use when very busy. The activity team does a great job throughout day and night with nightly shows and a Mexican Fiesta night, that is the best in the area.

They have an air conditioned restaurant, which also has some outdoor seating called Andrea, which has sit down a la carte service but also buffet salad bar and some other foods. It is a different theme menu nightly, like Italian, Asian, Mexican, so forth. Overlooking the beach is a more laid back restaurant , no reservations required, that you can catch some great sunsets at. Also serves breakfast lunch and dinner, actually both restaurants do. They have an extensive 24/7 room service menu as well, and no up charges all is included even internet.

The beach has lots of cabanas and food and drink service. Beach volleyball and of course some vendors but not as many as to be bothersome at least to me.

We spend our days on the beach or by pool, and our nights in lobby enjoying the shows, and the mariachis which play almost every night. Talking with other guests or just drinking to end the night as this area serves as their lounge/bar area.

This is my favorite all inclusive family oriented resort in PV, simply because the service, attention food quality, cleanliness, and overall feeling of comfort and care to guests. To top it off there is no, as we say "nickel and diming" here.

So now that I have shared the resort appearance to you let me tell you about our stay. As has become our routine, the first day as I unpack, my husband orders Tacos and a Pitcher of Margaritas to the room. These all surprisingly included in the all inclusive (but everything is) and man, such an incredible touch. When it arrives we usually have it set up on the balcony table but this trip we were hot and tired so we had it put inside on dining room table which was already set to eat anyway.

Now we are unpacked, full and settled, so let the vacation commence. This was what we call a chill vacation which means most of our time is spent onsite. We enjoyed such foods for dinners as Salmon with olives, fresh herbs, sundried tomatoes and white wine cream sauce. Roasted Duck with anchovies, herbs, new potatoes, cretin mushrooms and baby onions. Chile Poblano with Picadillo and dulce ( sweet) mole. Boudine which is a boulio bread pudding with Kahlua cream and sweet soaked Mexican bread, absolutely amazing dessert.

Waiters Herberto, Francisco, and Enrique along with Alejandro and Cesar and head waiter Omar always nice to see again. As usual excellent amazing service aimed to please.

By the pool we had Alfredo as our waiter, one day and Gustavo another both were great and they were very good making sure we had drinks and such continually. We had burgers, fries, guacamole, pizza and many other great lunches.

We went out one night to a Friend's house for dinner and drinks and a birthday celebration, always a delicious meal at their home and so much fun to get together with friends. We met them another night for dinner out at a restaurant. Another afternoon we met up with a BC survivor living in La Cruz de Huanacatle for lunch in the marina. It was such a pleasant afternoon and so great to get together and share some sisterly hugs.
    We received a knock on our day one afternoon and there was a waiter holding a birthday cake, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne singing Happy Birthday to me. What a treat and such an awesome touch. I was thrilled to be back at Velas Vallarta for my birthday.

Some other great foods we had on site were Colette Fish, wonderful soups and salads and desserts. Tempura Prawns with fresh carrots, jicama and Chinese cabbage salad with plum sauce, oysters and rice vinegar with mustard. Spring Rolls, Glazed Salmon, seared on the grill and roasted in the oven with mango sauce with warm Asian mushrooms, spinach, bamboo shoots and red chilies.
    Penne Pasta with shrimp, scallops, zucchini, sweet peppers and a creamy pink sauce. Osso Bucco Lamb shank braised in Chianti with caramelized onions, baby carrots, and risotto fungi. American Shrimp Cocktail, Beef Tenderloin.

We also dined at the World Tour 2020, (who knew that would come to a grinding halt soon), which was done in the third restaurant. Here we had from England, fish and chips with malt vinegar. From Columbia, a Seafood seasoned with coconut, amazing! From Argentina, an Angus Rib Eye with chimichurra sauce, that was just excellent. From the USA an Angus Burger with fried Onion Rings, mozarella cheese and BBQ Mango Chipotle Sauce. From Switzerland Selva Negra a Black Forest Cake and from Germany, an Apple Strudel a la mode. All of this was delicious and so much fun to try foods from different parts of the world. We were entertained by a lovely live female singer, who was really good.

We relaxed and enjoyed the sun and just being pampered. Our food as you see above was as usual wonderful. Our suite was perfect and service and friendliness of staff and willingness to please as always were highlights of our vacation. We were sad when the week passed and we had to leave but our sadness was eased knowing we were headed over to Casa Velas for a great say before heading home.

Once again, Velas Vallarta made us happy, happy. Who knew what had started to happen while we were oblivious on our lovely vacation. Covid was hitting sadly. We are so hoping to get back to PV and Velas Vallarta very soon.
    Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Thank you for sharing this review. I have never been to Mexico but hope to someday.
    Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
      Thank you for sharing this review. I have never been to Mexico but hope to someday.
      Thanks Jackio....You would most likely love it there. I cannot imagine anyone not!
      Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

Working...
      X