Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Melia Vacation Club at Paradisus Punta Cana

Following is an overview of the review that was added:

Great place to relax on the beach or pool!

Please see the review here!

Please use this thread to discuss the review.

I came very close to going there this coming year Twice in fact, In Apr during spring break but decided to go to Cancun and during this Summer with Friends which might still happen but odds are slim.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I've never been there during the summer; we only go in January or February. During the winter the trade winds blow all day, I don't think that happens in the summer, so it may be quite hot. The all inclusive fee was 89/pp/day, it states it's optional, but there are only a couple of restaurants in the area. I don't think there is a payment system for the food at the restaurants.
      Friends of ours came for the first time this year and wound up buying a unit in the vacation club (resale of course) they enjoyed it so much!

Comment

We are going with a group and for once I am not running it. We are taking our HS grads away for there gift. They form what I heard are looking now at a cheaper place so more familes can afford to go. The heat problem has come up but not sure where they are going that is not that hot in the summer.

Comment

From what I understand it is quite hot down there in summer, but I believe anywhere down in the Caribbean is hot in the summer. The rack rate for Paradisus is ~450/night, which includes the food...there are quite a few down there that are not so expensive.
          Apple Vacations runs some great specials going down to Punta Cana in the summer months, I believe they also go to Cancun.

Comment

I will ask my wife which one they are looking at now.

Comment

Jeri, is your unit considered a studio or 1 Bdr? I own a studio in Costa Rica and am trying to decide where to go this year.
              Pat H

Comment

It is a studio. Where in Costa Rica do you own?

Comment

Originally posted by jericap
                  It is a studio. Where in Costa Rica do you own?
                  At the Melia Paradisus Playa Conchal.
                  Pat H

Comment

Originally posted by Pat H
                    At the Melia Paradisus Playa Conchal.
                    I can never get in there..I've tried several times..I hear that they do not have that many units which are timeshare units.

Comment

Originally posted by jericap View Post
                      I can never get in there..I've tried several times..I hear that they do not have that many units which are timeshare units.
                      They told me there are only 11 timeshare units there.
                      Pat H

Comment

Guess what resort I have on hold now? I am going through the Sol melia vacation club and I think this resort will now work for everyone, Many Questions coming in the future so be ready if we book.

Comment

no problem, let me know when you're ready!!

Comment

What bothers me is that I own a 1 bedroom in the Sol Melia EOY in Cozumel. I was down graded to a studio that sleeps 4. Now there is a slim chance I can get a bigger unit with in I think the last 60 days. But then you have to pay a cancellation fee to upgrade and I have no idea if there now is an extra charge to get that 1 bedroom even though that is what I own.

Comment

Frank, I'm not quite sure. I know at Paradisus I don't know if there are 1 bedrooms. I know I was going to ask for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom, because one of our parties did not come and cancelled 2 days before arrival. I own 2 studios.
                              Maybe in the new reserve section there may be some because it is geared towards families.
                              As far as the fees go, I am not quite sure how it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X