Co-worker bought retail..argh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker bought retail..argh

My co-worker went to Las Vegas and attended 2 presentations . They bought at the first one, at my home resort HIVC.
    They went through the spiel, and after several times of saying they could not afford it, they were offered Orlando (because it's cheaper, they said). They paid $10,000 for 100,000 points. She told me that only have to pay the $800 maintenance every other year, but they get the points every year. She financed the purchase fo $190 a month for 10 years.
    No way, I said. But she is insisting that this is what the salesperson told her, points every year, pay every other.
    I asked her if she was within 10 days of purchase, and she told me she was told that you only get 5 days to cancel in Nevada. I don't know if this is true or not.
    Anyway, I begged her to go home and carefully read all her paperwork. I don't think she will, because they convinced her she got a great deal.
    Jacki

You've done all you can!

Comment

If she bought in Orlando she would have the 10 days for Florida even if she was physically in Nevada. They likely told her she could use the points to book in both years not that every year she got anther 100,000 added to her account. It sounds like she got an every other year studio and she will still have the HICV dues annually on top of that EOY MF.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
        If she bought in Orlando she would have the 10 days for Florida even if she was physically in Nevada. They likely told her she could use the points to book in both years not that every year she got anther 100,000 added to her account. It sounds like she got an every other year studio and she will still have the HICV dues annually on top of that EOY MF.
        Yikes!
        I will try to tell her one more time. Thanks for the heads up about Orlando.
        Jacki

Comment

I've tried many times to share the truth....sometimes people just don't believe you....you tried!

Comment

You can lead a man to data, but you can't make him think.
            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

hi,
              i'm new here.
              is there a place or thread to ask about timeshare related books? i see nothing when i search for 'books' which seemed odd, so i thought it would be ok to ask and say hi, it's nice to be here, and i hope to learn a lot from you all and share as much as i can.

Comment

Originally posted by roundsquare View Post
                hi,
                i'm new here.
                is there a place or thread to ask about timeshare related books? i see nothing when i search for 'books' which seemed odd, so i thought it would be ok to ask and say hi, it's nice to be here, and i hope to learn a lot from you all and share as much as i can.
                Welcome. I'm not sure about timeshare related books, but there are so many experts here that someone should be able to help you.
                Things change rapidly.
                Jacki

Comment

hello Jacki,
                  thanks for the welcome and fast reply.

i just found a bunch of book posts! somehow i think my browser was just acting up. a hard refresh and it worked.

Comment

"The complete book of timesharing" published in 1996 from articles from the magazine "Timesharing Today" was a good place to start. Not sure if it's still available and may be somewhat outdated.

Comment

Working...
                    X