Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• & Y'all Think I'm Bad!

http://thetimesharecrusader.blogspot...r-has-her.html
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

someone who doesn't know how to use a timeshare. first of all, bluegreen isn't charging her for two weeks, they are charging her by the number of points she has. Second, there are people selling their Bluegreen packages on Facebook constantly, and because Bluegreen is using ROFR sellers are getting about 1.25 a point now for resales. Finally, people are booking vacations with their points and posting how happy they are with what they have. I don't put much credence into never being able to book something, but you know you have to book early to popular destinations.

Comment

I don't think she much cares what a timeshare-lover has to say. She even said that, sorta:

"I get so frustrated at the people who try to put a spin on owners who say, 'well you should have known what you were getting in to?" We get it. At the time, we wanted what they were selling. It has never ONE time, felt ANYTHING like what they were selling, EVER."

"I am THRILLED that some people are completely smitten with the timeshare lifestyle. It should not be that big of a deal that we aren't as impressed for us."

"And I have never heard of anything that you couldn't be done with at some time. You can sell a car. You can sell a house. You can wean your kids off of your salary at a certain age. You can give away a pet. Lifestyles change. Preferences change. Priorities change."

Those who are done are done.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I no longer own a timeshare so I am not smitten. She wrote this two years ago and is probably unawAre that blue green is buying back by exercising rofr and so people are getting about 1.25 a point when reselling a good deed. Her lack of knowledge about what she owns tells me she never studied what she bought into at any point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought you were done, but you posted you did ten this year

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
            I thought you were done, but you posted you did ten this year

Yup. Winding down. Like to see folks scratching their heads.

- - - - - -
            People who are done and want out are done and want out.

They are not looking for advice on how to make it work or personal criticism.

They just want out.

Two years, huh? Four or five more and she'll probably find a way to get out.

Comment

Lisa Ann Schreier, The Timeshare CrusaderApril 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM
              As of this morning I have e-mailed this owner/Guest Blogger three times to find out if Bluegreen has contacted her and if some resolution has been reached.

I get nothing. One of three scenarios spring to mind: 1) the owner is out of town and has no access to e-mail 2) the whole thing was fake from the onset (doubtful) or 3) someone has been told to keep quiet.

I'll keep trying to get an update posted.

AnonymousSeptember 27, 2016 at 7:04 PM
              My wife and I are looking to purchase. Will pay $500 for deed and assume maintenance fees. Email rspearnsc@aol.com want at least 18000 point deed.

Interesting to read some of the comments. If someone can only book three weeks out, they are going to be disappointed with a timeshare. Most posts wanted out of their timeshares, but one listed one of the Bluegreen for resale sites on Facebook.

Comment

Folks who are done are done.

Nothing else matters.

All they want is to be able to get rid of it about as easy as they acquired it. They'd probably be willing to attend another 4-hour presentation.

Comment

Speaking of Exit Strategy, since it's become my topic du jour every du jour, here are the factors I believe need to be in place for a resort (HOA) to provide a viable Exit Strategy so they don't have to spend beaucoup bucks on hateful litigation, costs that get passed on to owners.

1. Ownership at the resort has to have some value in the marketplace.
                  2. There must be a market for rentals.
                  3. The HOA must accept deedbacks, with or without a fee to do so.
                  4. There must be a non-judicial foreclosure procedure, or a willingness to judicial foreclosure as a last resort (emphasis on "as a last resort").
                  5. The HOA must provide for an entity to handle owner-owned and HOA-owned resales and rentals . . . a local real estate and property management agent would suffice.
                  6. Once or twice a year, the HOA would authorize an auction to be conducted by the local real estate/property management agent to try to convert unproductive, HOA-held weeks, into productive weeks. Weeks continued to be held by the HOA would be offered as rentals, at one price to the public and at a discount to owners.

I know of one resort that does exactly this.

Comment

You ain't bad, you be JLB...
                    M. Henley

Comment

I just read on Facebook that the westgate resort in Gatlinberg has been destroyed.

My point with my previous post was that someone offered to buy it off her, and she never answered.

Comment

Working...
                      X