Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Travel information and Discussion forum!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Travel information and Discussion forum!

I'm the moderator and resident travel nut here, so pull up a chair and fly, sail, drive, or just merely walk around the world with me.

Some background...

I travel primarily for leisure, and have been to Europe, the Soviet Union, Africa, and a decent portion of these United States and Canada. I've visited a few islands in the Caribbean, and we are planning a trip to Australia for next year.

My favorite cruise line is Princess, I fly primarily United Airlines, and Hertz gets most of my car rental business. We own, timeshare-wise, with Marriott. My wife and I are just working folks without children who enjoy an adventure now and again. We're both self-employed, so are flexible as to when and where we travel.

My primary strengths are a detailed understanding of the airline reservation system, finding information on the internet, and a passion for helping other folks make memories that will last a lifetime. Life is short, so enjoy it as much as possible.

I hope travel fits into that package...

Pat

hello pat!

Its really nice to find a new site that has many cool features like this one..
    Discovered this forum a while ago, great info source en from time to time pretty hilarous reply's. And it's also a nice way of kinda staying in touch with the place.

There's loads of info here I learn a lot!
    I have been looking for a place where I can share my experience in travel and in acquiring property in other country. I hope that this will be the place.

good day!

Comment

Originally posted by camachinist View Post
      I'm the moderator and resident travel nut here, so pull up a chair and fly, sail, drive, or just merely walk around the world with me.

Some background...

I travel primarily for leisure, and have been to Europe, the Soviet Union, Africa, and a decent portion of these United States and Canada. I've visited a few islands in the Caribbean, and we are planning a trip to Australia for next year.

My favorite cruise line is Princess, I fly primarily United Airlines, and Hertz gets most of my car rental business. We own, timeshare-wise, with Marriott. My wife and I are just working folks without children who enjoy an adventure now and again. We're both self-employed, so are flexible as to when and where we travel.

My primary strengths are a detailed understanding of the airline reservation system, finding information on the internet, and a passion for helping other folks make memories that will last a lifetime. Life is short, so enjoy it as much as possible.

I hope travel fits into that package...

Pat
      Yes, but apart from that what do you have to offer?? (Comment probably wasted on anybody who wasn't a Monty Python fan)

Comment

Look forward to "tuning in"..( old fashioned expression ! ) more often.
        G

Comment

One often overlooked resource of this board is the travel links in the Links Directory under Website Navigation. Those pages are always open for new links from TS4MS travel experts.

Comment

Welcome Pat, glad to have you around. shaggy

Comment

Originally posted by manuelrodriguez
              from time to time pretty hilarous reply's.

You mean you think were funny, Do we Amuse you? Tony Get the shovel.

BTW welcome to Timeshareforums. That line above was from Goodfellas in case you did not know.
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Hey Frank, I 'm on vacation Friday. Get Vito.

Comment

Grand Canyon Walkway

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not.

I received this today from my sister and I believe it is a first-hand report from my cousin.

I believe it was Shakespeare who said, "All things are not as they seem." Ta-da! Be forewarned.

Harlene Chris wanted to see the new "thing" at the Grand Canyon, so we went this weekend. It is advertised as $25.00 to go out on the skywalk and the pictures show a beautiful building next to the walkway. Well; they are not quite "HONEST." It is $25.00 to go on the skywalk, but it is $50.00 to be on the reservation. You find this out after what they say is a 1 hour trip down a 57 mile dirt road. Wrong! this dirt road is 57 mile alright; the fastest you can go is 25 mph; you do the math!!! So, after this long drive you get the good news it is $75.00 a person!!! Chris said maybe we should forget it;

I said after that road we are not coming back so get the damn credit card out. Then you get on their bus for a 10 min ride to the "walkway"; built in one of the ugliest places on the whole Grand Canyon; not a tree to be seen and the water is gray below! Their building is not started, so you have a trailer to go into to go through a metal detector and leave your camera and purse in the trailer. The walkway glass was cracked which lead me to believe they may have a few engineering glitches and I got off the thing right away after seeing that!

Believe me it is not as big or long as it looks on TV. They do give you a buffet lunch, with your ticket, at "Guano" (means poop) Point. The Indians used to go over the cliff here to pick up bird shit to use for Makeup (war paint). You get to sit in one of the windiest places on earth to eat your chicken or ribs covered with blowing dirt. We passed on the lunch.

There are buses leaving every 10-15 min with 52 people on board at $75.00 per person $3,900.00 per bus from 8:00 am until 6:30 pm. That's $156,000.00 per day! I guess they are making a lot of money. They are flying people in from Vegas and Laughlin to go see this thing! I guess the Indians are smart; but not so honest about all the details of the activity. We had to stop and change a tire for a young girl who took her grandparents out there. They had the right kind of car and good tires; but the road is terrible, they blew out the side wall of the tire. They must have hit the side of the road and a big rock. They did not know where the spare tire was and were completely helpless. The tow truck would have come out there but it would have been 2.5 hours and $400.00! The girl was very scared and grateful we stopped to help. Some guys stopped to ask if this was the right way to the Skywalk. Grandpa yelled out, "go back it is not worth it!!"

One last detail, the hotel the Indians run to accommodate this adventure looks great online, but the sign at check in says "SINCE THE TRAINS COME BY EVERY 10 -15 MINS PLEASE ASK FOR THE FREE EAR PLUGS". We immediately canceled our reservations and made it to Kingman AZ for the night. We got up at 6am and got the he** out of Arizona!

check our myspace at: www.myspace.com/angelmuriel
                  Check out my Websites:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/125590882@N04/sets
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/128252501@N05/sets/
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/murielkf

Comment

It's a shame with all the hype about the walkway! I was just in AZ and had heard almost the same thing from someone on one of our tours. I don't think I will be heading there anytime soon!
                    Sorry it was a such a bad experience for you especially since traveling so long to get there!

Comment

Thanks for the update on the SKYWALK, it was on my list of things to do with all the media coverage, but will take it off.

Comment

Nice to be back guys!!! I had a travel to salamanca . Feel the romantica and excitement with the place. Called as "the youngest old city in Spain". Full of work of arts and interesting architecture. Lots of museums with exhibits . It was nearly to Madrid and Portugal. Increasing of visited people.

Comment

Current Travel Warnings

I was gathering information about Caribbean destinatiobs and came across theis US Governemnet site for travel warnings - Haiti is on the list....
                          Just thought others might be interested in this information... check the link above for updates

Current Travel Warnings
                          Travel Warnings are issued to describe long-term, protracted conditions that make a country dangerous or unstable. A Travel Warning is also issued when the U.S. Government's ability to assist American citizens is constrained due to the closure of an embassy or consulate or because of a drawdown of its staff. The countries listed below meet those criteria.

Lebanon 05/30/2008
                          Somalia 05/20/2008
                          Nepal 05/07/2008
                          Burma (Myanmar) 05/05/2008
                          Chad 04/30/2008
                          Haiti 04/30/2008
                          Burundi 04/22/2008
                          Syria 04/15/2008
                          Yemen 04/07/2008
                          Eritrea 03/26/2008
                          Algeria 03/26/2008
                          Central African Republic 03/25/2008
                          Kenya 03/21/2008
                          Israel, the West Bank and Gaza 03/19/2008
                          Sudan 03/14/2008
                          Timor-Leste 02/15/2008
                          Philippines 02/13/2008
                          Sri Lanka 02/08/2008
                          Afghanistan 02/06/2008
                          Colombia 02/05/2008
                          Congo, Democratic Republic of the 01/08/2008
                          Iraq 01/08/2008
                          Iran 01/03/2008
                          Saudi Arabia 12/19/2007
                          Côte d'Ivoire 12/05/2007
                          Nigeria 10/30/2007
                          Uzbekistan 10/25/2007
                          Pakistan 09/21/2007
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

I only want to tell this

Did you try to have a cultural center tour in hawaii?

Comment

Another Example

Another example of the merits to this BBS. Many folks will now be forewqarned and therefore will not be taken advantage of.
                              M. Henley

Comment

Working...
                              X