Traveling and Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling and Covid

With Covid concerns, travel or traveling is a concern…at least for me.
    We are supposed to go to Wisconsin Dells this weekend. Wisconsin is now one of the top 3 covid states. The Governor has reduced business capacity to 25%.

We are driving, roughly 4 hours, so the traveling part of it is not a concern this time. But since we are there only Friday and Saturday nights, we pretty much can’t do anything. Restaurants are going to be tough to hit, attractions are nearly gone/closed for the season or not available because of restrictions. Not really worth an 8 hour drive, but we haven’t been out of the house in months. And since we can’t get the points back at this time, I guess we are going.

Now in March, we are booked for New Orleans. That means airports (possible layover), uber, restaurants and whatever New Orleans has to offer. Unless this virus is reduced by then, maybe that trip will be skipped.

I miss the good old days.
    Don

We have not gone anywhere since last Oct, We booked a family trip to the outerbanks for next Jully, Beach house with nothing around so we are bringing our own food
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

We've been home since March. Really want to go somewhere, but for now, still staying home.

Comment

We are canceling our trip. Or, rather, we are just not going. We are loosing the points, so not even bothering to cancel.
        Wisconsin set a new state record today. Nope, not worth it.
        We are having wonderful fall weather, we will stay home and it will be ribs, cigar and scotch to close out the patio season and I don't feel bad about not going on a trip.
        Don

Comment

Well at least it was your choice. Our May trip to Maine was prohibited and in retrospect would have been safer than our July trip to NH.

Comment

This year I cancelled Grand Cayman, Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas and Newport RI. We were, like you Don, going to go for 2 nights. But then NY put RI on the 14 day quarantine list. If I went, I would have to stay out of work for 2 weeks...ugh...
            Next year's plans are for Grand Cayman (Feb), Las Vegas (end of March), Myrtle Beach (July) and Atlanta in September. I really hope to get to at least some of them.
            Jacki

Comment

We used our week on the OBX in July. Restaurants and most things were open. The virus really did not slow things down very much. I have done some travel by car for personal or business matters but no other vacation time. I cancelled a personal trip to Europe due to the virus. A job I was recruited for in Europe has had interviews postponed for months now due to the virus and the fact that the employers activities are very restricted due to the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                We used our week on the OBX in July..
                Will you be there in July 2021? We rented a beach house there

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                  We used our week on the OBX in July..

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                    When in July Frank?? Thinking of going for Kelli's birthday. Week of July 14th. I may not be able to go depending on the heat. I used to be a lifeguard and the hotter it was the better I liked it. Now I can't breathe in the heat. I went to Myrtle Beach last July. Couldn't make it to the beach but did do the pool. Went to Cashiers/ Foxrun in August just to use up Kelli's vacation. Very laid back. Going to Pigeon Forge in 2 weeks to see the Halloween decorations at Dollywood. Spending 2 nights at Dream More then going to a ts for a week. Nothing planned firm for next year. Hope you and family are doing well.

Comment

It's pretty hard to travel to other countries these days. But having the vaccine is still a possibility. With the vaccine, I could fly to Singapore, and I want to tell you that everything is pretty good there. Also, I've decided that I'm going to live there. Singapore was one of the first countries to deal with the pandemic. And everything you need to know about the certificate of residence in Singapore at pilotoasia.com. But still, health is much more critical, so be careful with that.

Comment

Yes, we will be there July 4th week, using our timeshare week in Nags Head.

Comment

Originally posted by vintner View Post
                          We are canceling our trip. Or, rather, we are just not going. We are loosing the points, so not even bothering to cancel.
                          Wisconsin set a new state record today. Nope, not worth it.
                          We are having wonderful fall weather, we will stay home and it will be ribs, cigar and scotch to close out the patio season and I don't feel bad about not going on a trip.
                          Florida has the lowest Covid rate in the US and plenty of timeshares. That may be the place to go. Also, no lockdowns or mask requirements.

Comment

We went twice to Germany in 2021, Once in June for 2 weeks as soon as they opened the borders, and again for 2 weeks in September. Can't say how happy I was when we landed in Munich. Literally dancing on air! We also went twice to London , both times for 2 weeks It was SO GREAT to be back!

Comment

I feel you about the Covid concerns with travel. It was definitely a tricky time to plan trips. I hope your Wisconsin Dells trip ended up being okay despite the restrictions. I had to cancel a few trips myself last year because of the pandemic. I think it's smart to keep an eye on the situation and assess the risks before making any travel plans. It sucks to have to miss out on experiences because of Covid, but safety is the top priority. When you do feel ready to travel again, check out https://hoopladoopla.com/category/travel for some great travel deals. Stay safe and happy travels!
                              Saitama
                              Last edited by Saitama; 03-09-2023, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X