Not going to NOLA after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not going to NOLA after all

I had to cancel our trip next week. Hubby has to have an aortic valve replacement next Wednesday. I did pay $99 to get our RCI points back. I filed a claim through the Chase Sapphire Reserve cars trip cancellation insurance. I hope they reimburse us for the flights and RCI exchange fee.
    Jacki

So sorry. I know you were really looking forward to it. Hope hubby feels better soon!

Comment

Sorry. Hope hubby is okay.

Comment

What a shame but next year will be better since your husband should get around better with the new valve.
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Thank you all. Yes, I’m sure he will start to feel better shortly after the surgery,
          He is part of a clinical trial. They are going to replace the valve through his groin instead of cracking his chest open again.
          It is called a TAVR.
          Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
            They are going to replace the valve through his groin instead of cracking his chest open again.
            It is called a TAVR.

that has got to hurt
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hope he operation is very successful.

Comment

Hope all goes OK. I know vacation is really a bummer ~ but there will be others. Here's to a bright, healthy future!!
                Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Yep, that's what insurance is for - you don't want to need it but if you do it really helps.
                  The experimental approach sounds promising, I'm so glad.
                  Sending love and light.
                  -GB

Comment

I met many people in cardiac rehab that had heart valves fixed by tavr. It seems like the recovery time is very short. One lady was 97 and was in cardiac rehab after aortic valve repairs. Anyway, good luck on Wednesday !!!

Bill

Comment

Hoping for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery!

Comment

Thank you all. The TAVR is not a new procedure, but currently it is only approved for elderly or very infirm patients who cannot withstand open heart surgery. DH is in a trial for younger, healthy people , to see how long the valves will last. We are hoping he will get 12 years out of it.
                        Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                          Thank you all. The TAVR is not a new procedure, but currently it is only approved for elderly or very infirm patients who cannot withstand open heart surgery. DH is in a trial for younger, healthy people , to see how long the valves will last. We are hoping he will get 12 years out of it.
                          I know you were both hoping he would be able to have this done rather then the tradition way. You must be so happy he qualified for the clinical trail!

Keeping you both in my thoughts tomorrow.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

I just brought hubby home - 48 hours after having aortic valve replacement! By looking at him, you would not even know he had heart surgery. He has no chest pain, just sore groins. He feels his heart is pounding, but they told him his heart had to beat so hard while his valve was bad, just to get his blood pumping, that it will take awhile before it calms down and "realizes" it doesn't have to work so hard. What a remarkable medical procedure.
                            Thank you all for your good wishes.
                            Jacki

Comment

Wow!! So glad to hear! That surgery sure has come a long way!

Comment

Working...
                              X