Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommended quick foreign language programs/classes? French.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommended quick foreign language programs/classes? French.

Has anyone tried Rosetta Stone or other foreign language programs? I took French through high school but have forgotten most if not all. I'd like to be able to hold a basic conversation and at least understand most of what someone is saying. Need to be done my mid-May (I meant to start this a lot sooner, oops)

I have Rosetta Stone and Pimseleur (spelling?); I have found that neither works if I don't use them.

For whatever it's worth, I've had foreign language teachers tell me that Pimseleur is the most effective program on the market.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Comment

Pas que je sache

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Pstreet1 View Post
        I have Rosetta Stone and Pimseleur (spelling?); I have found that neither works if I don't use them.

For whatever it's worth, I've had foreign language teachers tell me that Pimseleur is the most effective program on the market.
        Thanks, Pstreet! I ordered a Conversational French CD from Pimseleur - I can listen in the car. Was inexpensive - their full programs are spendier but this should be a good start.

Comment

you can try Duolingo for free. Great way to get started

Comment

I am on lesson 2 of Pimsleur. Got a good deal on the CDs, have loaded them into iTunes. But I really dont' see why I need to spend time learning how to say "Je comprends le Francais" with a perfect accent. Still, so far, it's tolerable, and I have a very short attention span.

Comment

We purchased both Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur. The problem with Pimsleur was they kept auto billing our cc after the first set of lessons. With Rosetta Stone I paid just the one time. Pimsleur was good because you can do it anywhere. I have some lessons loaded on my iphone.

But like Pat said, if you dont practice all the time, true for me anyway, it doesn't stick.

Comment

I'm a fan of Fluenz (http://fluenz.com/). If you decide to pop the bigger $$, check them out.
                No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

Comment

Working...
                X