Still Timesharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Timesharing

We actually still timeshare!!!! 34 years now.

We own a week on the beach with year-round amenities rights, so it's our beach club. Beach parking and access, pool, chickee hut, BBQ grills, hot tub. We have never had to pay a maintenance fee because another owner or a friend rents it. This year it paid the maintenance fee plus $152, but normally it's a little more.

Our second owned week is for year-round golf rights, even though I golf at another course. Just don't want to burn that bridge. So far I've always been able to rent it out for at least the maintenance fee.

We don't do exchanges, but we do have three couples with 5 Year RCI Guest Passes, and I also do individual Last Calls and Extra Vacations. The price is normally $300-ish. I did one last year for extended family . . . 10 or 12 people . . . for around $450. It was a cash rental to a non-timeshare Orlando resort through RCI.

We're over 200 weeks with RCI.

We've been through one Sunset Clause.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

This is my last year exchanging with RCI but I still use my Nola timeshare either to use or rent out
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      We own a week on the beach with year-round amenities rights, so it's our beach club. Beach parking and access, pool, chickee hut, BBQ grills, hot tub. We have never had to pay a maintenance fee because another owner or a friend rents it. This year it paid the maintenance fee plus $152, but normally it's a little more.
      Which resort? Sounds like a nice plan!
      Scott

Comment

Jimmy, you should know by now that nothing good lasts very long in the timeshare area. Are you singing "it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood" in the Ozarks yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Jimmy, you should know by now that nothing good lasts very long in the timeshare area. Are you singing "it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood" in the Ozarks yet ?
          Our Beach Club building was built in 1959, has survived a few hurricanes, including Ian, has made it past the Sunset Clause, deals with delinquent accounts by taking deeds back through administrative foreclosure (then makes a profit re-selling them or renting them out), makes a profit renting out owners weeks (a process which pays the owners maintenance fee and then some), so in the world of timeshare it is doing pretty well.

The makeup of our Ozark-American neighborhood is greatly improved. HOF and AOF have gone on to where it is very hot all the time, and ECPLOF has simply gone. There is only one person who has been here longer than us. There are a couple of remnant assholes, but they are pretty much inconsequential.

Like I used to say, Time is a friend of the truth.

We got back two days ago, have put our docks back where they're supposed to be, and baled the lawn.

Now if I could just stop all the spoofed healthcare calls on my cell phone . . . . .
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post

Which resort? Sounds like a nice plan!
            You wouldn't like it.

Comment

Working...
            X