Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the General Timeshare Discussions forum!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the General Timeshare Discussions forum!

My user ID is JWC which are my initials for John Cummings. I am the moderator of this forum. Feel free to discuss anything you want that relates to timesharing and does not fit in a specific forum.

I have been a timeshare owner for many years and am very familiar with all of th ins and outs of weeks only timesharing. I was the administrator of the TUG BBS a few years ago. I have lived in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. I have lived in California, Arizona, Florida, Oregon, Washington and have traveled extensively throughout the country. I know the Western states like the back of my hand.

So just post away and have fun. Hopefully any questions you have will be answered.
    John

timeshare terminology

Hi,
    I'm new to this website and often get lost in the abbreviations or terminoloygies being used here. Where can I go to look up for the meanings of these abbreviations.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by M&M View Post
      Hi,
      I'm new to this website and often get lost in the abbreviations or terminoloygies being used here. Where can I go to look up for the meanings of these abbreviations.
      Thanks
      Thanks for asking!

We have a FAQ in the navbar (the blue bar accross the top) that covers most abbreviations you will find here...

Here is a link:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/faq.php

Comment

Originally posted by JWC
        My user ID is JWC which are my initials for John Cummings. I am the moderator of this forum. Feel free to discuss anything you want that relates to timesharing and does not fit in a specific forum.

I have been a timeshare owner for many years and am very familiar with all of th ins and outs of weeks only timesharing. I was the administrator of the TUG BBS a few years ago. I have lived in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. I have lived in California, Arizona, Florida, Oregon, Washington and have traveled extensively throughout the country. I know the Western states like the back of my hand.

So just post away and have fun. Hopefully any questions you have will be answered.
        Hi John - I am glad they have you as a moderator on this forum. Based on our previous discussions over the years, you certainly are very knowledgeable and well versed on Timeshares. I feel you will be a great asset to the forum.
        SFX Video

Comment

Hi John, I am new to the website and new to learning and understanding timeshares. Being that you are experienced and well versed I'd like to ask/get your feeback on my issues with timeshares.I have a post under general timeshare discussions so I don't know if you seen that post or not. However my issues and question comes with annual fees'. Most timeshares I've seen are between $400 - $800 (even more) in annual fees' could I take this money spend on fees each year and pay for or come close to paying for accomodations with what I spend each year in fees. What are some of benefits vs. just doing what I suggest vs. actually owing a time share. Tax break? Thanks John......Chuck

Originally posted by JWC

Comment

Hi everybody,

Today, I have visited www.timeshareforums.com cute forum and I would like to joined this great forum. I am new here and my name is Alex. I think timeshare is comprehensive opportunity and term while you are planed your vacations according to dreams. I hope, we have to enjoy this great forum/community.

Alex

Comment

Hey ya....I am a timeshare newbe. My name is Ra Shara and I am so lost... so bare wth me. My husband and I bought a 1 bdrm at the Grandview at Las Vegas about 2 years ago and have yet to use it. We have 3 boys and thought this would be great for family vacations. We are also members w/ RCI. The type of our timeshare is Triennial. We were told that meant we would get 1 week every year and 1 deeded week every 3rd year. But honestly not sure what exactly that means or even where to start so that my family could possibly start enjoying our timeshare. Help! I would appreciate any info. Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Ra Shara View Post
                Hey ya....I am a timeshare newbe. My name is Ra Shara and I am so lost... so bare wth me. My husband and I bought a 1 bdrm at the Grandview at Las Vegas about 2 years ago and have yet to use it. We have 3 boys and thought this would be great for family vacations. We are also members w/ RCI. The type of our timeshare is Triennial. We were told that meant we would get 1 week every year and 1 deeded week every 3rd year. But honestly not sure what exactly that means or even where to start so that my family could possibly start enjoying our timeshare. Help! I would appreciate any info. Thanx.
                Welcome.

I thought Triennial means you get 1 week every 3 years. So if you bought 2 years ago, next year you should be able to use it. Your contract should tell you when can you use your first week

Is it float week? If so, you may want to determine if any when you want to use it, and call the resort to reserve that week like now.

If it is fix week, than you can wait to next year to pay the Mf if you want to visit Vegas at that week.

If you don't plan to visit Vegas, than you need to deposit the week to some exchange company. So the nature choice maybe is RCI, in that case, you need to do that ASAP.

Need more detail about your plan.

Jya-Ning

ps. By the way, you may want to start a new thread, and give it a separate title, so people will know you need some answers.
                Jya-Ning

Comment

Most likely you own an RCI points contract.. It sounds like your deed gives you ownership of one week every three years. Your deed will have a usage designation shown on it, which will tell you which usage cycle you fall into. You can also call owner services and they'll confirm your usage cycle.

It's a shame, but I believe this resort has some salespeople that pitch the triennials with a "one week per year" line based on the reduced point requirement for last minute rci point reservations. Like most good salespeople, they can focus you on specific product points- that often keep you from looking at the product in it's entirety.

You live in a good area to utilize the rci getaways- so your ownership may work for you once you learn the ins and outs of the system. You should get many great vacations from your ownership, so learn & enjoy! Plus, as your usage needs increase, you'll be in a good position to pick up some inexpensive points for deposit weeks to add to your portfolio.
                  my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                  ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Thanx

Thanx to those who have already sent me a reply. This is all mind bloggling for me but at least I think I know where to start. Although not to thrilled to hear I was mislead when I purchased my timeshare. I will be going through my contract for some more answers, as you have suggested. We purchased ours at one of those torture sessions just to get show tickets. Hopefully we can benefit from this....somehow. We really didn't think we be using it in Vegas per say. We were told oh great for trading power!

Someone mentioned I should start a new thread.....but I have absolutely no idea how to do that...in fact this is my first partcipation in a forum.

Okay I have found some info...1 RCI vacation every yr 2007 and 1 deeded week every 3rd yr. Deeded week #30 occupancy begins 2007. My RCi application says Unit # Float?? No of Intervals 1 Yr of ownership 2007 Time division R. I hope I am making some sense!

Thank you again.

Comment

It sounds to me as if you may have an annual "developer bonus week" and a regular triannual deeded week. Do you have any kind of a certificate from RCI that came with your package?

Developer bonus weeks are usually only good for surplus inventory in the RCI system, i.e., weeks that wouldn't be used anyway and that don't have much rental value. They are a bit more useful if you can do last minute.
                      “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

bonus weeks

What type of exchange fees are involved with using RCI"S exchange weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Ra Shara View Post
                          We really didn't think we be using it in Vegas per say. We were told oh great for trading power!

Okay I have found some info...1 RCI vacation every yr 2007 and 1 deeded week every 3rd yr. Deeded week #30 occupancy begins 2007. My RCi application says Unit # Float?? No of Intervals 1 Yr of ownership 2007 Time division R. I hope I am making some sense!

Thank you again.
                          You need to look at your RCI membership. It should tell you if you are RCI point owner or week owner only. Very likely, you belong to RCI point. And you need to look at what kind of restrictions your every year RCI week can match. Not owner there, so I am saying something beyond my knowledge. Based on RCI site, it is a point resort. And the point value for your deed week which is week 30 is 49,000 RCI point.

If you are really point owner, you need to see if RCI also manage your resort trading system or not. Read RCI point disclaimer book, in one section, it tell you when you can start make reservation on your home resort, onb your resort chain, and on everything else. Not every point resort open on the day the book say, but it gives you some idea when you should start planning to use your vacation week.

Sounds like you are floating unit, I am not sure about your week. You can call the resort and check, very likely, it is floating around every season except prime season.

You need to establish your RCI account if you have not done so. I will guess you are paying RCI membership fee at this moment anyway.

After you set up your RCI on-line, you can start watch them, you can look at Extra vacation and Last call at the Vacation offer. If the Extra Vacation is low, very likely, you can call RCI VC to use your developer bonus RCI week to match it. Not sure if you have to deposit the week to RCI to be able to do the point search or not, if you can do point search, do some, it will give you some idea what you can and can not do. With point account, at 45 days (Can not remember the exact day, but I believe it is this range), you can grab any RCI week with 9,000 RCI points. So you can use that to increase your travel time. Since you have kids, you may not get too many choices if you go that route.

More likely, you use 49,000 points to make like 3 or 4 day travels.

I will suggest you try on your resort as starting point, but does not look like you planning to go to Vagas, if that is the case, when you call your resort, you need to tell them you want to deposit it to RCI, and ask them to guide you through the deposit process.

Originally posted by wandering gnome View Post
                          What type of exchange fees are involved with using RCI"S exchange weeks?
                          I only get it once, I believe the developer's bonus week cost the regular RCI exchange fee. But there are more restriction on when and where it can be used.

Jya-Ning
                          Jya-Ning

Comment

Resale Grandview

Hi John

We recently got a call from Five Star resorts and offered to rent or sell our timeshare at Grandview in Las Vegas.

Have you heard anything about them?

Comment

Originally posted by frogdog
                              Hi John

We recently got a call from Five Star resorts and offered to rent or sell our timeshare at Grandview in Las Vegas.

Have you heard anything about them?
                              I did not. And that means you should run away from them if they ask money upfront, or if once you allow them to rent, it becomes their solely control, and you can not pull out.

Since you ask this question, it is apparently that they are not be able to rent like those hotel. So they are no better than you try to rent it out yourselves.

Jya-Ning
                              Jya-Ning

Comment

Working...
                              X