Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Im married with 2 children 3 &1. Just recently purchased a points timeshare in Florida. Not really interested in location but gave us $81k RCI points for $1400 plus fees. Havent actually recieved it yet but very anxious to start searching and planning! I can see how it can be addicting.

Comment

• Hi to everybody... I'm new here ..

How are you people? I hope everyone is good..

My name is Sebastian, I currently live in Miami (FL) with my fiancee Belen. We are from Argentina, but we have been here in Miami for a little over 2 years. We were so lucky to meet great people, and one of these person transferred their ownership to me and my wife. It was going to be a "wedding" gift.

But, as you already know, economy hit us hard. And, unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding. To make things worst, my entire family as well as her family, live in Argentina. So we were planning to get married in Argentina.
      Anyways, all this had to be postponed.

So now my only option is to sell my Timeshare, to be able to have a nice wedding for me and my wife. So, I want to sell it fast.
      Well, i dont want to take your time. Basically, I've been calling many places that supposedly advertise and sell timeshares, but they all seem fishy at least!

Do you have any suggestions? I would deeply appreciate your knowledge in this subject.

Thanks Everybody,
      Sebastian

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfrank
        Welcome all new comers to Timeshareforums, since this is a welcome introduce sorta a post. If you want your questions answered I would suggest you post it in a forum that you will get help like in this same forum, just start a new thread.
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

• What is the name of your timeshare resort?

Comment

• Originally posted by sebaflores2000
            How are you people? I hope everyone is good..

My name is Sebastian, I currently live in Miami (FL) with my fiancee Belen. We are from Argentina, but we have been here in Miami for a little over 2 years. We were so lucky to meet great people, and one of these person transferred their ownership to me and my wife. It was going to be a "wedding" gift.

But, as you already know, economy hit us hard. And, unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding. To make things worst, my entire family as well as her family, live in Argentina. So we were planning to get married in Argentina.
            Anyways, all this had to be postponed.

So now my only option is to sell my Timeshare, to be able to have a nice wedding for me and my wife. So, I want to sell it fast.
            Well, i dont want to take your time. Basically, I've been calling many places that supposedly advertise and sell timeshares, but they all seem fishy at least!

Do you have any suggestions? I would deeply appreciate your knowledge in this subject.

Thanks Everybody,
            Sebastian
            What is the name of your timeshare resort?

Comment

• It's Liki Tiki Village ...

Comment

• Hello all, just signed up here today after reading for a bit. Came to find out about my westgate timeshare, found out how screwed I am.

Comment

• Hello,

Married with four kids. Living in the suburbs of Chicago. We just purchased our timeshares on E-bay and already have all points booked for the year. We are looking at this as a different way to travel. We used to camp but got rid of the camper because of gas prices and storage fees. So we are going to try to see America with our timeshares. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Michelle

Comment

• Originally posted by minnie482
                    \

We just purchased our timeshares on E-bay and already have all points booked for the year.
                    Michelle
                    I purchased RCI points of Ebay also from a timeshare company, do you have your deed yet, how long did it take to get it if so?

Comment

• One of the timeshares took about two months the other almost four. Today I got my RCI packet in the mail. So that was about 6 months since I purchased it from e-bay. We purchased the timeshares about a month apart so I didn't understand the wait. Wyndham seemed to take forever to get the second one's paperwork together.

Michelle

Comment

• Timeshare - how long to transfer from Wyndham

I bought mine on e-bay and it seems like it took 4 ever! Mine took about 6 months. The regular weeks only took a few months but Wyndham is slow.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Jamie. My ex and I bought our first TS at Sunbay Resort on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs AR pre-construction 25 years ago. It was the perfect week (31) and resort for us--lakefront penthouse nearest the pool and restaurant, 4 hour drive from home, great location. We didn't buy it with the intention of trading, but, as the kids got older, the week didn't work so well (football 2-a-days), and we started trading. It has been a really good trader--Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, South Padre, Utah mountains, Orlando multiple times...I'm sure I'm forgetting some. We added a cheap second week during racing season a few years later (another penthouse unit), which we were sometimes able to rent out but has basically been worthless MFs have gone from $249 to $395 in 25 years--pretty good, huh? We've only had one special assessment, and I think it was about $300. I haven't been to Sunbay in several years, so I can't comment on what it's like now. It was a gold crown at one time, but is now silver. They sold off some of the land (which lost us a great picnic/play/beach area) and converted the hotel building to TS, which I thought was a big mistake. If anyone is interested in staying there, be sure you get a unit in the "A" or "B" building rather than the Lodge (the hotel building) When I got a divorce, I kept the summer week, which I now use to exchange.

I also own Disney Beach Club Villas and Villas at Wilderness Lodge and like to go twice a year. I recently bought an October week at Sundial at Mustang Towers in Port Aransas, TX on eBay. Port A is a 4-hour drive from where I live now, and I vacation there in October every year anyway, so it was a great deal for me. MFs are much less than what a week has been costing me for the last several years.

I noticed an earlier poster had mentioned the Jockey Club in Las Vegas. My first trip to Vegas was in about 1974 with my mom and a couple of friends, and we stayed at JC on a promotional deal. At that time, they were selling whole ownership in a 2BR for $40K. I didn't have any money back then, but my mom immediately went home and started talking to some of her friends who went to Vegas fairly often to get them to go in for $10K each. Nobody was interested.

Jamie (who will do a signature at some point)

Comment

• Hello all. Just signed up. BG owner in Charleston and Westgate (every other year) Gatlinburg.

Comment

• New to this--need assistance

Hello-

Recently found your site. I am new to forums etc, and am having a difficult time navigating around, so please be patient! Own 2 weeks in Kauai (Red) through RCI and 1 week through Bluegreen. Looking to rent out the BG week; also may want to rent out RCI week, as each year we are having a difficult time getting a week. At this season in our lives, we have a 3 week window, with kids in summer school and the beginning of fall sports. It seems no matter how early I put in a request, I can't get a week. Wondering if I should rent ours out, then rent from someone else. Anyway, where do I start? Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

• lovethecountry...welcome!!!!!

Do not worry, when I first dound this site I was like a fish out of water trying to navigate around it.....sometimes I still am LOL. Very patient, great folks on here.

Sorry I can't help u with renting as I have never done so.....maybe try putting your info in regards to renting on a seperate post....might get better response....

again...welcome...
                                Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

Working...
                                X