Highlands of Sugar buy back !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlands of Sugar buy back !!

I was about to hire a lawyer when I got a letter from Highlands. After over 20 yrs of faithfully paying , even special assessments, they turned me over to collections !! I explained I had just been diagnosed with leukemia and that regretfully I couldn't pay my cancer bills plus my ts. I sent the deed back and thought that was it. Well, no, they turned me over to collections plus every year they would add on more. I didn't believe that was legal and was going to get an attorney.

They just got a deed back program and for app 1300 they would buy it back and I'be rid of it. I was talking to the manager to see if I could do it for less . After listening to my sob story he knocked it down to $500. !!! hat was basically the paper work. I am past extactic.!!!

So if any other owners of Highland of Sugar want to get out , there is a way.

Shaggy

I'm happy it worked out for you. I hope you are doing well.
    Jacki

Comment

They don't care, it is about $. They prey on the elderly and sick. IMO if you are that old or very sick, Screw the hit on you credit report, Let them foreclose , lets face it, You don't need credit at 80 or above
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Ha ha frank, because of my daughters situation we unexpectedly had to get a loan to buy a house, my husband was 75 and We will pay off the mortgage on his 205th birthday.
        Shaggy it’s great that you will be free, but I hate hearing you have leukemia.

i have a neighbor who is close to ninety and they found breast cancer. Surgery, radiation, and infusion. Why! How many years can they give her.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
          They don't care, it is about $. They prey on the elderly and sick. IMO if you are that old or very sick, Screw the hit on you credit report, Let them foreclose , lets face it, You don't need credit at 80 or above
          Dam Frank, I'm not that old !! lol They had turned me over to the credit bureau. I wasn't worried about needing credit but I didn't want any hassle with them after I die. Kelli wouldn't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
            Dam Frank, I'm not that old !! lol They had turned me over to the credit bureau. I wasn't worried about needing credit but I didn't want any hassle with them after I die. Kelli wouldn't know what to do.
            If Kelly does not tell them that she inherited it she will be in the clear, Just let them do what ever they want they do not have her SS #

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
              If Kelly does not tell them that she inherited it she will be in the clear, Just let them do what ever they want they do not have her SS #

Comment

Is Highlands at Sugar developer run? I suspect from this policy that it may be.

I served quite a few years on an HOA board of a member controlled timeshare, and the board's policy in the 20 some years since the developer was kicked out was always to work with owners who had problems like yours. We had a local attorney who would do the deeds for $100.

The cost of foreclosure to the HOA is not worth it from a financial standpoint, and working with owners with health or financial problems is just the right thing to do.

Comment

Is Highlands at Sugar developer run? I suspect from this policy that it may be.

I served quite a few years on an HOA board of a member controlled timeshare, and the board's policy in the 20 some years since the developer was kicked out was always to work with owners who had problems like yours. We had a local attorney who would do the deeds for $100.

The cost of foreclosure to the HOA is not worth it from a financial standpoint, and working with owners with health or financial problems is just the right thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X