Bedbugs at bluegreen soundings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedbugs at bluegreen soundings

And the most amazing thing is that not only is Bluegreen giving me the runaround, the manager was hostile, not to mention a liar. We have affidavits from two exterminators that what was crawling across my daughter's pillow in the middle of the night is indeed a bedbug.

I've been around here a long time, and many of you know me. I'm about to take to social media in a big way. We have pictures and actually have the insect in a medicine bottle, and I won't even mention how gross the unit was. We have photos of the couch as well, and it was disgusting.

We had to find other accommodations. Bluegreen "refunded" the points, but you see they become "saved" points in two months, and if you know Bluegreen, you know that those are pretty useless to the best places. I made the reservation 11 months ago.

Cost me a fortune to get another hotel, Bluegreen won't do a thing but give me points that are useless. Manager got his own "exterminator" that said it was not a bedbug. The guy wouldn't even give me his card, and they took all day to get there. (Which is why we took the bug to two different professionals")

I want my friends here to know this. The manager is saying that my husband threatened him...really? Some of you know him. We were super angry, but threatening we weren't, and he should have called the cops. I wish we had of. NEVER have I experience such trauma and drama, and I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how to do that, LOL.

Anyone want some Bluegreen points? They just destroyed one of their best and most vocal customers.

Wow. Please let us know how this progresses.
    Jacki

Comment

We stayed in a Kihei VI timeshare unit that was infested with cockroaches for 1 night. The room was dated but nice enough. VI did refund my points and I was lucky to find bonus time at the Kihei Worldmark. While I plan to never go back to the VI Kehei resort there are many other VI resorts that we really like.

I thought Blue Green had multiple destinations.

BTW, bedbugs are not that uncommon anymore. Almost as common as roaches in some areas. If I find any at a resort I will be leaving that unit. We check the mattress as soon as we get to a resort. Bedbugs are easy to spot if you know what to look for. Most resorts use mattress covers so it makes it easy to spot the signs of bugs. What you are looking for is small dark specks or actual bugs about the size of a small seed. If I don't see anything wrong at the top of the mattress I figure its good to go. If I find anything wrong I will remove more bedding. I haven't found any at a resort but have found some at hotels.

Comment

I am obsessive about checking for bedbugs. I check per easyrider. Take a flashlight. Pull back the sheets. Check around the headboard.
        So far so good!

However a few weeks back in Arizona a SCORPION crawled into my luggage!
        Scared the jeepers out of me!
        Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Any updates on this story ?

Comment

I recently stayed in Sacramento at a Hilton, Palm Springs at the Oasis, Las Vegas WM Tropicana, The Lodge at Lake Tahoe and the WM Klamath Falls. Looked for bugs and never found any. Went to one WM owner update and found out that I can donate expiring points to a Veterans dealio. Occasionally I end up with an odd amount of points that occasionally expire so this was good to know.

Comment

I had bedbugs once in Disney's Kidani Village in the studio lock off.
              I woke up the next day itching like crazy.

We were only there for 2 nights and I didn't figure it out until the 2nd
              day that it was bedbugs. Luckily we had a washer and dryer in the
              unit and I washed all my clothes before we came home.

Now I do that at all resorts.
              I don't want to bring home any souvenirs.

- - - Updated - - -

I had bedbugs once in Disney's Kidani Village in the studio lock off.
              I woke up the next day itching like crazy.

We were only there for 2 nights and I didn't figure it out until the 2nd
              day that it was bedbugs. Luckily we had a washer and dryer in the
              unit and I washed all my clothes before we came home.

Now I do that at all resorts.
              I don't want to bring home any souvenirs.

Comment

My first attempt to de-bedbug a dwelling did kill all the bugs but I ended up melting a couple of vinyl framed windows , smoke detectors and refrigerator trim. Some areas got a bit hot. I had the place at 140 - 180 degrees for a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                X