Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me understand e-plus in I.I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me understand e-plus in I.I.

I have a week that is expiring in August. I doubt I am able to use it.
    I read the FAQ's about the e-plus on the II site, and I want to know if this is possible.

As long as I cancel prior to 60 days before the exchange, I can book up to 1 year from the date of my first exchange?
    (ex: if I book an August 11th week on June 1st, I can re-book a week up to 6/1/19?)

If I cancel with less than 60 days from the original exchange, I can only re-trade within 60 days of check in?

What I would like to do is get an exchange at the end of January or end of April with this week that expires on 8/11.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
    Jacki
    Jacki

Originally posted by jackio View Post
    I have a week that is expiring in August. I doubt I am able to use it.
    I read the FAQ's about the e-plus on the II site, and I want to know if this is possible.

As long as I cancel prior to 60 days before the exchange, I can book up to 1 year from the date of my first exchange?
    (ex: if I book an August 11th week on June 1st, I can re-book a week up to 6/1/19?)

If I cancel with less than 60 days from the original exchange, I can only re-trade within 60 days of check in?

What I would like to do is get an exchange at the end of January or end of April with this week that expires on 8/11.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
    Jacki
    I believe that if you try to trade too close to the date which apparently is 60 days then it will restrict you to inventory that is 60 days out. But if you try to retrade before that cut off you will see regular dates and should be able to retrade to a less restrictive time and nicer inventory.

I have just found an intermediate place marker if you will, to just push out the date for me and then done a 2nd or 3rd trade
    You get 3 trades so unless a hurricane is coming like happens to me the retrade is a nice option. Even working around the hurricanes did work out for me in the end but I had to call to get it unrestricted.

Hope that made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      I believe that if you try to trade too close to the date which apparently is 60 days then it will restrict you to inventory that is 60 days out. But if you try to retrade before that cut off you will see regular dates and should be able to retrade to a less restrictive time and nicer inventory.

I have just found an intermediate place marker if you will, to just push out the date for me and then done a 2nd or 3rd trade
      You get 3 trades so unless a hurricane is coming like happens to me the retrade is a nice option. Even working around the hurricanes did work out for me in the end but I had to call to get it unrestricted.

Hope that made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      3 trades at 60 days won’t do it for me, so I would need the unrestricted one. Thanks.
      Jacki

Comment

3 trades at 60 days won’t do it for me, so I would need the unrestricted one. Thanks.
        So then start a search today and trade it as far out as possible.
        The system will tell you if you are in restricted trading mode or not as soon as you enter the dates.
        Let us know how it goes.

Comment

In order to get the full year retrade for your 8/11 week yoh Need to exchange now for another 8/11 week. Then before 6/10 you need to exchange again for something in the future preferably far out (July 2019). You would then have two retrades left to manually search with and get what you want.

To confirm all this I suggest you make the first exchange and then go back and add the eplus. While adding the eplus read the terms and conditions to make sure this lines up the way we think. By doing this if you can’t extend thru July 2019 you can cancel the exchange and pay to extend the week instead.
          GrayFal
          Silver Contributor and supermoderator
          Last edited by GrayFal; 05-28-2018, 08:36 AM.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            In order to get the full year retrade for your 8/11 week yoh Need to exchange now for another 8/11 week. Then before 6/10 you need to exchange again for something in the future preferably far out (July 2019). You would then have two retrades left to manually search with and get what you want.

To confirm all this I suggest you make the first exchange and then go back and add the eplus. While adding the eplus read the terms and conditions to make sure this lines up the way we think. By doing this if you can’t extend thru July 2019 you can cancel the exchange and pay to extend the week instead.
            Thank you. This is how I was hoping it would work.
            So book something now with a check in date of August 11th? Then I would have to do the retrade prior to June 10th, and my retrade won’t have to be restricted to 60 days?

That would work!

Thanks Pat,
            And thanks Chris!
            Jacki

Comment

Thank you. This is how I was hoping it would work.
              So book something now with a check in date of August 11th? Then I would have to do the retrade prior to June 10th, and my retrade won’t have to be restricted to 60 days?

That would work!

Thanks Pat,
              And thanks Chris!
              I think so. But test it out so you can cancel Incase it isn’t the way we think.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

YAY! I exchanged for an 8/4/18 date (that is the latest I could get) and bought the e-plus.
                It lets me re-trade back through 8/4/19!

I know I will have to re-trade prior to 6/4 in order not to be restricted to 60 days.

Alright!!!
                Jacki

Comment

YAY! I exchanged for an 8/4/18 date (that is the latest I could get) and bought the e-plus.
                  It lets me re-trade back through 8/4/19!

I know I will have to re-trade prior to 6/4 in order not to be restricted to 60 days.

Alright!!!
                  Great
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Success! I traded my expiring week for an Orlando week with an 8/4 checkin. I bought the e-plus. I canceled that trade today, and I was allowed to search up until 8/4/19.
                    I re- traded for Morritts Tortuga Club in Grand Cayman for next Easter break. This worked out wonderfully for us!
                    Added bonus, it was not additional to trade internationally.
                    jackio
                    Gold Contributor
                    Last edited by jackio; 06-01-2018, 08:12 PM.
                    Jacki

Comment

Yay!!!!!!
                      I love e-plus trading.

Comment

I hope it's okay to ask for E-Plus clarification here on this old thread. If I have a week that expires December 31, 2019 and I am not sure that any of my ongoing searches will match, is it wise to book something late in the year and then get the E-Plus? Today I booked a November 1 checkin, for example. I may or may not decide to use it. Does that mean it would actually not expire now until November 1, 2020, and I wouldn't be restricted to exchanges 60 days out if I retrade it more than 60 days out from that date? My sisters both want to go to Maui next Fall and I could use this exchange for them for October or November 2020.

If I have E-Plus and cancel the trade, do I need to have another week available right away to choose? Or can the E-Plus sit there and I can search another day?

Is there a better and easier way to extend a week? Just wondering in case I throw this week back in before my 24-hour window is up.

You can see I don't do this very often. Thanks for any advice.
                        Denise

Comment

If you book something for November 2019 you would extend that week's expiration to one year from the date of that original exchange if you add eplus. You would not be limited to 60 days as long as you make each exchange 60 days or more out. If you cancel, you get a replacement week and lose the remaining eplus and would start all over. Eplus does not allow you to cancel. It allows for free retrades. So even if you don't have anything in mind and want to cancel you have to retrade into something (and use one of your 3 retrades). Ideally you would pick a placeholder reservation as far in the future as possible so you don't have to worry about getting inside that 60 day period.

Once you have finalize that first exchange you lose the 24 hr grace period on each of the retrades. So if you change your mind on a retrade, it still uses one of the 3 retrades. You do also lose ability to start an ongoing search. You would lose that if you paid to extend and be stuck with flex change only so I think the eplus extension option is preferable.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification! I decided to keep the November 1, 2019 week and did go online to verify that I could search through November 1, 2020. Yippee! I'll hopefully be able to use the original exchange, but if not, it will be a good experiment in E-Plus, and definitely not a bad way to extend a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the clarification! I decided to keep the November 1, 2019 week and did go online to verify that I could search through November 1, 2020. Yippee! I'll hopefully be able to use the original exchange, but if not, it will be a good experiment in E-Plus, and definitely not a bad way to extend a week.
                            Denise

Comment

Orlando always has availability far in advance,
                              so is a great place holder if you need one.

- - - Updated - - -

Orlando always has availability far in advance,
                              so is a great place holder if you need one.

Comment

Working...
                              X