Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell or Rent?

Greetings and Good Morning!
    We bought a Time Share from Bluegreen at The Fountains in Orlando back about 6 years ago.
    We have used it a few times in Hershey and have not had the opportunity to use it as much as we thought we would be able to since then.
    BlueGreen pissed me off last month when we were passing through Hershey and we couldn't use it for one night only.
    Long story short, We want to move on and have been contemplating trying to sell.
    So having just found this forum today I thought I would post this question to the folks in this forum.
    I have a Open Net Agreement in front of me from Pinnacle Vacations to list on their website.
    Has anyone used them? Good or Bad experiences?

I am just starting to read some of the docs here and it looks like this could take a while just to read them.

Sell or Rent the points?

Thanks in Advance
    Kurt

Hi, welcome to Timeshare Forums.
    If the listing company is asking ANY amount to be paid upfront, do not list with them. Then stick around here for awhile and search the forums. There are very knowledgeable people here who can help you maximize the use of your timeshare while you are waiting to sell it.
    Some of our members are great with the Bluegreen system.
    Jacki

Comment

In selling, you won't get anything for it - so really you'd be giving it away for free and getting rid of annual maintenance fees, that is, as long as it's paid off. There is a yahoo bluegreen group you can join too for advice there. The yahoo group BGEx may also be a free place to get rid of your timeshare (depending on who pays closing costs).

Comment

This short thread may help: http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...acle+Vacations

Comment

Originally posted by OldHead View Post
          I have a Open Net Agreement in front of me from Pinnacle Vacations to list on their website.
          Has anyone used them? Good or Bad experiences?
          Pinnacle has a pretty good reputation, but I've mostly heard from people buying or renting through them, not sellers. We've bought through them and rented from them and were happy with our experiences. Haven't heard anyone complaining since we last rented a year or two back, but I'm also not following the yahoo board as closely as I once did.

You won't get anything for your points selling them, but you won't get much renting them either. Some people manage to rent their points out for $0.10/point, and some even make a bit of a profit doing so, however it's not difficult to find BG rentals for closer to $0.05/point and we've rented for even less, meaning the owner of those points lost money. If you don't plan on ever using your points, then selling for nothing makes more sense than renting at a loss.

Comment

Working...
          X