Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you determine the PFD value? Christmas Mountain UDI PFD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I called RCI, and of course could not get any info. The rep did not know what I was talking about. She knew about points, but not about PFD, specifically. So frustrating!
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Ah, well, Philsfan's helpful explanation takes my Hawaii week out of the running, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
        Wait a minute - can this be done on an annual basis, or is it a one-time conversion?
        When I used to have my rci points account, it was a one time deposit. You can do it every year as a deposit and get points instead.
        Syd

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          You can do 4 PFD units a year....and post # 8 is the way to go (as per Lawren2 ). I believe the maint fee for that ownership in #8 is about $1250.

But I purchased a CMV UDI so want to maximize that deposit. I have a "free" points account with my BG ownership.

Here is a grid for PFD's.
          http://www.alltimeshare.com/rcipointsregional.pdf

There is a penalty for depositing closer in.

CMV currently gets 36.5K for a red week
          24K for a white week
          15.5K for a blue week.

You can't do last minute deposits to RCI PFD's with a CMV.
          I made that mistake once and ended up with a resort certificate cause the guide didn't know what she was doing.
          I ended up using it for a BG fountains unit so it wasn't a total loss and I got something decent in exchange.
          The resort certificates are only worth about 10 TPU's but it goes into your 9000 account which is a weeks
          account that has no online access so you have to call in to use it. Better not to make the mistake.

And like Phil said even one person converting their week to RCI points at a resort negates the chance of doing PFD at that resort from then on.
          I think we are probably pretty safe in the Bluegreen system since they are pushing their own points program and will probably never
          offer an RCI points program.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
            I'm totally confused. Can anyone convert their week into RCI points? Is their a fee involved? What am I missing?

My non converted week is a lock-off equal to 2 - 1 bdrms. Converted into RCI points that would equal 91,000 points. Currently, I get under 60,000 points for both units.

edited to add:

Are the point values the same with points & weeks? Is there normally more availability in one catagory vs the other? What are the benefits of being in points vs weeks, or visa versa?
            So, I called RCI, and of course could not get any info. The rep did not know what I was talking about. She knew about points, but not about PFD, specifically. So frustrating!
            Angela, you have to already own at an RCI points resort in order to do a PFD.
            You can't just do it as a one time thing without owning elsewhere.
            I am lucky enough to own at two resorts that never sold any RCI points so I've been able to do it a few times already.
            My main RCI points ownerships are at VV Parkway and Grandview.

I find the inventory different in RCI points than in weeks.
            Even inventory at weeks resorts is different many times than thru the RCI points website.
            There is alot of the higher end stuff deposited to RCI points.
            Examples like HGVC in NYC and bigger units in DVC.
            Many of the BG resorts are deposited to the points side more often like Solara.
            There isn't supposed to be 1 in 4's thru the points website either.
            I haven't tried that yet but imagine that would be a must for going to those 1 in 4's like Manhattan Club often.

Comment

Oh, OK, well that lets me out. I only have one resort that I can deposit into RCI, (SBP) I don't have any other RCI points resort.

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
              Angela, you have to already own at an RCI points resort in order to do a PFD.
              You can't just do it as a one time thing without owning elsewhere.

I am lucky enough to own at two resorts that never sold any RCI points so I've been able to do it a few times already.
              My main RCI points ownerships are at VV Parkway and Grandview.

I find the inventory different in RCI points than in weeks.
              Even inventory at weeks resorts is different many times than thru the RCI points website.
              There is alot of the higher end stuff deposited to RCI points.
              Examples like HGVC in NYC and bigger units in DVC.
              Many of the BG resorts are deposited to the points side more often like Solara.
              There isn't supposed to be 1 in 4's thru the points website either.
              I haven't tried that yet but imagine that would be a must for going to those 1 in 4's like Manhattan Club often.
              Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Oh, OK, well that lets me out. I only have one resort that I can deposit into RCI, (SBP) I don't have any other RCI points resort.
                Oh don't worry with all those Starwoods, Hyatts & Marriotts you aren't missing much not having RCI points.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                  Here is a grid for PFD's.
                  http://www.alltimeshare.com/rcipointsregional.pdf

There is a penalty for depositing closer in.

CMV currently gets 36.5K for a red week
                  24K for a white week
                  15.5K for a blue week.

You can't do last minute deposits to RCI PFD's with a CMV.
                  I made that mistake once and ended up with a resort certificate cause the guide didn't know what she was doing.
                  I ended up using it for a BG fountains unit so it wasn't a total loss and I got something decent in exchange.
                  The resort certificates are only worth about 10 TPU's but it goes into your 9000 account which is a weeks
                  account that has no online access so you have to call in to use it. Better not to make the mistake.u
                  Thanks for the info Chris.

What was the problem/time limitation with the PFD deposit? What is the cut off date?
                  I do not have a "9,000" week account thru RCI/BG. I use my BG weeks account all the time....I have never used the points account but have a number of the account.
                  Possibly that is the weeks account that is attached to your points account?

So it seems you tried to do a PFD and the Rep accepted it but was not suppose to, hence the issuing of the resort cert?

Where did you get the info about PFD, from your points account??? I will try to log into that account this evening.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks for the info Chris.

What was the problem/time limitation with the PFD deposit? What is the cut off date?
                    I do not have a "9,000" week account thru RCI/BG. I use my BG weeks account all the time....I have never used the points account but have a number of the account.
                    Possibly that is the weeks account that is attached to your points account?

So it seems you tried to do a PFD and the Rep accepted it but was not suppose to, hence the issuing of the resort cert?

Where did you get the info about PFD, from your points account??? I will try to log into that account this evening.
                    Do you own RCI points outside of BG?
                    You will need a full fledged regular RCI points account in order to do this.
                    BG won't be able to do this for you thru their free account.

The problem was it was a 14 day last minute deposit so I believe that may be the cut off date.
                    I'm not positive though cause I haven't done it again so close in just in case.

And no you won't have a 9000 account with BG, that's an RCI points thing.
                    It's an invisible account.

RCI did link my Christmas Mountain to my RCI points account and started depositing to that account
                    everything I deposit in TPU's. They can easily move it but I need to call in to do it.

I had to have the Wyndham RCI desk move those BG deposits to my free weeks account which is
                    not my 9000 account but to my free Wyndham weeks account that I've been using all these years.

I will probably stop depositing to that account now that BG insists on depositing to that free
                    RCI points account. They even assigned it a 1115 number which is the resort ID for CMV.
                    Sometimes you gotta just roll with the punches.

Comment

Aha!
                      Found it....and is there a penalty based on the time you deposit?

For example, if I deposit a red week 45 days before check in, will I get less points?

And how do I determine what RCI considers RED white and Blue time?
                      119+ days prior to check-in date = 100% of points
                      61 - 119 days - 75%
                      30 - 60 days = 50%
                      29 days and less = 25%

The information can be found on page 18 of the points disclosure guide.

Comment

2013-2014 Points disclosure guide in English.
                        https://www.rci.com/static/docs/name...uidePoints.pdf

Links for RCI Points Program:
                        https://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_US/ex...ci-points.page

Comment

Working...
                        X