Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm talking about points usage at years end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm talking about points usage at years end.

The Wyndham-points-year ends with 31 December. Even after ramming the country this year (And I thank God for the health) we still have over 77,000 pts remaining.

So far I find no way to tell members that places are available. I am asking for a PM to be sent if a member is interested. I'd rather members have use of a getaway than let the points expire. I find it feasible for two or three members to get away for 2 nights, 5 nights, and even 7 nights.

I'm aware of being able to place Rental Ads on another timeshare members site. It is very unlikely that timeshare units, with availability within 2 to 3 days, will get posted THERE in time for anyone to act.

Is it permissible to post how many points an available timeshare requires, for a specified number of nights, and just leave off SEND A PM?

I'm not meaning to be argumentative.

Is here a proper way to tell members of timeshare availability?
    Robert

Robert post them here http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...YOUR-TIMESHARE
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

too late for this year but I would advise putting your 2015 points in the points credit pool before the end of this year ... In the pool they will be good for 3 years from the date of deposit, and next December you wont be faced with a "use it or lose it" deadline.

Comment

I don't think Wyndham has anything on Marco Island or the west coast of florida, but would be interested in a couple of days between Christmas and New Years.

Comment

You are correct. You would most likely need to pick Orlando/Kissimmee to find availability. I doubt Pompano has but the bare minimum. Sometimes though last minute surprises me. PM me if you are interested in a getaway.
          Robert

Comment

Sounds good up front. If a real good thing, wouldn't everyone go that route? What are some negatives for doing so? Knowing Wyndham, there must be fees involved. I hear about rolling points into RCI. That appears to be expensive.

Thanks Ron

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
            too late for this year but I would advise putting your 2015 points in the points credit pool before the end of this year ... In the pool they will be good for 3 years from the date of deposit, and next December you wont be faced with a "use it or lose it" deadline.
            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RESORT2ME View Post
              Sounds good up front. If a real good thing, wouldn't everyone go that route? What are some negatives for doing so? Knowing Wyndham, there must be fees involved. I hear about rolling points into RCI. That appears to be expensive. Thanks Ron
              It's $39 to put your points in the credit pool.
              Scott

Comment

Thank you Frank.

I'm forgetting what I once knew.
                Robert

Comment

Why would that NOT be good for everyone?

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
                  It's $39 to put your points in the credit pool.
                  Robert

Comment

Why would that NOT be good for everyone?
                    About the only downside is that pooled points can't be used for ARP. They also can't be deposited to RCI, but there's an easy workaround for that.

On the plus side, say you have 231K points and you don't pool them. You take a trip and stay in a 2 bedroom for a week. You use 154K points, and 77 housekeeping credits. You take another trip in a 1 bedroom, use 95K points and 63 housekeeping credits. At the end of your use year those remaining 91 housekeeping credits vanish. The next year you take three or four long weekends. You use up all of your points, and by the last reservation you're probably paying for housekeeping credits to complete the reservation. If you had pooled your points the 91 housekeeping credits would still be available, and you wouldn't have to pay for any extra in year two.
                    Scott

Comment

Sounds good up front. If a real good thing, wouldn't everyone go that route? What are some negatives for doing so? Knowing Wyndham, there must be fees involved. I hear about rolling points into RCI. That appears to be expensive.

Thanks Ron
                      I think it is a good thing for everyone. I know its a good thing for me. It doesnt however solve every end of year problem. If you cancel a reservation, the cancelled points will expire at the end of the year. And if you come to the end of the year with cancelled points, the only way to save them is a deposit to RCI, (minimum deposit is 10000 points). RCI is great for most owners, but not me. I rent most of what I own and RCI doesnt allow rentals. (The plus is if I put points in RCI I have to take a vacation )

Comment

Wyndham charges to place points into RCI. Then RCI charges to use those points for a vacation.
                        I agree with you on how to better use before years end. I need to rent out sooner rather than be stuck with points at end of year. From that standpoint I can see how I might better rent for 5 per or 3 per during the year than trying for that at years end, like now. Apparently folk don't grab for bargains around Christmas and New Years.
                        I thought surely Bentley Brook would lure a skier, but not yet anyway. Maybe there's no snow. ????

At the moment I hold 77,100 excess points. In RCI, they would secure a week on the Eastern Shore. Pretty pricey with all totaled up.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                        I think it is a good thing for everyone. I know its a good thing for me. It doesnt however solve every end of year problem. If you cancel a reservation, the cancelled points will expire at the end of the year. And if you come to the end of the year with cancelled points, the only way to save them is a deposit to RCI, (minimum deposit is 10000 points). RCI is great for most owners, but not me. I rent most of what I own and RCI doesnt allow rentals. (The plus is if I put points in RCI I have to take a vacation )
                        Robert

Comment

Working...
                        X