Please help! Is this a deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! Is this a deal??

This is my first time ever thinking about buying points, im at a diamond resort in Daytona and they want to offer a 2year trial and give 7500 points for $1,250. Is this a good deal or is there some hidden restrictions or fees that they are not telling me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in Diamand Resorts, pass on their offer and do some research first. You would be better off renting from a DRI (Diamand Resorts International) member first and exploring what they have to offer.

Comment

Resale Points

Also consider buying 7,500 to 10,000 points resale in the USA trust for $1. You can use it for a while then decide what you want to do in the long term. You will not have the flexibility of the club but can gain acesss to some nice resorts especially if they are within driving distance.

Also try renting, groupon or other daily deals that offer special deals at DRI.

Comment

Originally posted by jca View Post
        This is my first time ever thinking about buying points, im at a diamond resort in Daytona and they want to offer a 2year trial and give 7500 points for $1,250. Is this a good deal or is there some hidden restrictions or fees that they are not telling me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
        That's about 17¢/pt which is close to what an owner pays when you add up their MF, Club fee, Trust fee, etc. As an owner, I can't afford to have you be my guest for that price, maybe 7-8 years ago when my fees were only 4.3¢/point.

If you'd like to give it a try, that's not a bad deal, but if you 'orphan' any points the price results in higher ppp.
        ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

I would do the renting or groupon, before suggesting that they buy 7,500 points if only even for a dollar. If they take the sample package there is no ongoing burden. Yes, the may get 3 times the points for a decent price but then they have ongoing MF's and an obligation to pay those in subseqent years if they decide it is not for them. Take Spence's advice or try renting from another Diamond owner.

Comment

Working...
          X