Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Conversion info

Follow-on to the conversion question

Spence,

First off, you're a great resource. Thanks.

My question: do all sales offices have access to the $5000/2K option package? Is there any office for sure that will honor it? I saw in another thread you had a name & # of someone at a corporate office, but it appeared that office was closed. Bottom line: if they don't offer it at a resort near me, where else can I go?

Also, I see a few adverts on Ebay for SunOptions. Based on the discussions about non-transferrability, I assume those SunOptions could only be used at the resort that is being purchased. And that I wouldn't be able to use them to trade at other Sunterra properties. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BKNSF View Post
    My question: do all sales offices have access to the $5000/2K option package? Is there any office for sure that will honor it? I saw in another thread you had a name & # of someone at a corporate office, but it appeared that office was closed. Bottom line: if they don't offer it at a resort near me, where else can I go?
    Yes, the corporate connection has been 'closed' they are no longer 'doing end runs' around the sales effort. I believe that all sales offices could offer you anything that they want... that being said, the best deal I've seen of late is the $5000/2000 and the most recent ones reported have been a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by BKNSF View Post
    Also, I see a few adverts on Ebay for SunOptions. Based on the discussions about non-transferrability, I assume those SunOptions could only be used at the resort that is being purchased. And that I wouldn't be able to use them to trade at other Sunterra properties. Is that correct?
    There are a couple variations in deeding/ownership that exist and therefore make their way to eBay.

The most common right now is the newest 'product' the TRUST ownership. When you buy resale you get access to only the 21 resorts in the TRUST unless you pay the sales center to convert.

The previous product sold at many resorts is a UDI (UnDivided Interest) which is deeded interest based on a percentage of some units that works out to be the number of SunOptions. It was designed to be used in the Club but if you get it resale, it can only be used at that specific resort unless converted back to the Club. There is a large one of these for sale in the Beta classifieds on TUG maybe here, too, I haven't looked.

Prior to that it was just a standard deeded floating or fixed week that was sold.

Hi Spence,

Saw that you were successful in a recent 8000 point purchase. Congrats on what appears to be a great deal. Man you must have some serious point totals by now.

I think I need to read some more before I ask another question so I've edited my post and removed my questions for now?

Thanks,
    Y-ASK

Quote Originally Posted by Y-ASK View Post
    Congrats on what appears to be a great deal. Man you must have some serious point totals by now. Y-ASK
    No, this was a great deal, twice as many points for less money!

Ok, I think I'm ready to ask. I keep seeing these e-bay auctions for Sunterra points. The information provided states that these are Club Sunterra II memberships. Is this the trust that I've been reading about? As I understand it, purchasing one of these allows me to use the points within the 21 resorts listed. If I purchase more than one of these auctions will I be able to combine the points for use of a full week at one of the 21 resorts listed? Last question, I just recently converted a sedonna timeshare over to club sunterra, will I be able to combine those points with one or two of these auction points and get a week reservation at one of the 21 resorts listed? I think the sedonna conversation points allows me to stay at several other resorts as well and as I understand it I would have to pay the $5,000, get 2,000 points, and convert the auction purchases in order to use them at more resorts than just the 21 listed, correct?

Y-ASK

I keep seeing these e-bay auctions for Sunterra points. The information provided states that these are Club Sunterra II memberships. Is this the trust that I've been reading about?
    I'm not aware of this designation, if you're talking about recently ended Item number: 160086877501, it goes on to describe a Trust membership without saying so. These were called Club Sunterra Vacations-1 CSV-1.
    As I understand it, purchasing one of these allows me to use the points within the 21 resorts listed. If I purchase more than one of these auctions will I be able to combine the points for use of a full week at one of the 21 resorts listed?
    You should be able to combine the points into a single CSV-1 membership.
    Last question, I just recently converted a sedonna timeshare over to club sunterra, will I be able to combine those points with one or two of these auction points and get a week reservation at one of the 21 resorts listed?
    If you keep these as Trust or CSV-1 memberships, there is no way to 'combine' the points with a Club Sunterra membership. They can all be combined if you convert everything to the Club.
    I think the sedonna conversation points allows me to stay at several other resorts as well and as I understand it I would have to pay the $5,000, get 2,000 points, and convert the auction purchases in order to use them at more resorts than just the 21 listed, correct?
    If you have converted your Sedona deed to Club Sunterra then you can use it all all ~100 Club resorts. Recent threads have updated info on what the latest conversion offers have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    The previous product sold at many resorts is a UDI (UnDivided Interest) which is deeded interest based on a percentage of some units that works out to be the number of SunOptions. It was designed to be used in the Club but if you get it resale, it can only be used at that specific resort unless converted back to the Club. There is a large one of these for sale in the Beta classifieds on TUG maybe here, too, I haven't looked.

Prior to that it was just a standard deeded floating or fixed week that was sold.
    [/FONT]
    While visiting my account on-line yesterday, I noted that our Hawai'i trust ownership is described as a UDI. I assume that is a UDI in whatever deeds the trust holds for the two Hawai'i resorts.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Exactly, My CSV-1 Trust or 'Florida' Trust are the same as you describe online.
    Quote Originally Posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
    While visiting my account on-line yesterday, I noted that our Hawai'i trust ownership is described as a UDI. I assume that is a UDI in whatever deeds the trust holds for the two Hawai'i resorts.

I have to ask about purchasing the points on EBay. I just turned down the offer (7500 points for each of my weeks to go in the trust, and buy 3000 points per week for $6000 each, plus higher maintenance fee and all the other fees) while I was at my home resort, so I keep my weeks. But can I buy points and participate in Club Sunterra? How?

Quote Originally Posted by msmsdebsm View Post
    I have to ask about purchasing the points on EBay. I just turned down the offer (7500 points for each of my weeks to go in the trust, and buy 3000 points per week for $6000 each, plus higher maintenance fee and all the other fees) while I was at my home resort, so I keep my weeks. But can I buy points and participate in Club Sunterra? How?
    You weren't quite that explicit in your posts over yonder. Having to buy 3000 points for $6000 for each of your two weeks is a little excessive, most sales centers with little bargaining would do all you own for the one 3000pt/$6000 charge. I also don't quite understand how your maintenance fees would go up, my experience with RPB was MFs of $696 and I got 6000 pts for each week that was a MF of ~11.6¢/pt your fixed weeks sounds like would get 7500 pts so a MF of ~9.3¢/pt. The Trust has a MF of 7.3¢/pt, then you had to pay a base assessment of $119 and a Club fee of $151, that's where you might think that the MFs were more. Your two weeks were $1392, your two weeks converted were 15000x.073=$1095 even if you added $119 you're still less at $1214. You can't count the Club $151 that's your reservation fee and lets you also have access to II. Maybe you're thinking 21000x.073=$1533+119+151=$1803 is more but you're getting almost a whole other week worth of points/MFs along with access to the Club. I think your maintenance fees lowered!

You can buy the points you see on eBay and participate in the Trust. You must go to a sales center and convert to have access to the whole Club, just like they tried to get you to do with your RPB weeks.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast