Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second one in the arm.

Second one in the arm.

I have had my second Covid Vaccine today. I had the Pfizer version, my wife had her second with Moderna yesterday. She said that today it feels like her arm is going to fall off.

Hopefully I won't get the fever that sometimes is a side effect. Fingers crossed.
    Don

good luck but keep in mind it takes about 2 weeks to fully kick in, I have had 2 friends get the shot and 10 days later they both had covid. So please continue to wear masks and stay safe
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

A lot of people seem to forget that the vaccine is only 95% effective. Getting a bit sick after the second shot is supposed to be a sign that the vaccine was effective. At any rate, Frank is right - keep wearing the mask and social distance. Our daily state rate of infection is now around 2% now and I hope it keeps there or even less. I go out once a week for groceries and other that that only for medical appointments. Next week I may get a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    A lot of people seem to forget that the vaccine is only 95% effective. Getting a bit sick after the second shot is supposed to be a sign that the vaccine was effective. At any rate, Frank is right - keep wearing the mask and social distance. Our daily state rate of infection is now around 2% now and I hope it keeps there or even less. I go out once a week for groceries and other that that only for medical appointments. Next week I may get a haircut.
    If you need food try Amazon Fresh or many big chain stores deliver, My wife uses instacart, I bought a hair trimmer, My wife does a good job cutting my hair

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    If you need food try Amazon Fresh or many big chain stores deliver, My wife uses instacart, I bought a hair trimmer, My wife does a good job cutting my hair

The basic flu shot is only about 67 percent effective, so I feel pretty good about 95%. Yes, I will still wear my mask, but I certainly feel better having both injections.
    Don

Got my second one today.

The doctors office said they would call when we can get the shots. I'm not sure they ever will. Really, it doesn't matter to me anyway. I read that the covid 19 will be over by the end of April for the most part.

Don't believe everything you read. I don't expect a return to near normal until late June and then only if there are no glitches or serious mutations. We may be wearing masks until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    The doctors office said they would call when we can get the shots. I'm not sure they ever will. Really, it doesn't matter to me anyway. I read that the covid 19 will be over by the end of April for the most part.
    I would like to take the opposite side of that bet.
    Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast