Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marriott Timeshares for sale

Grande Vista is a beautiful resort.
    One of my favorites in Orlando.
    I'm sure you'll have a taker for that one.

ok Thanks John! I'll check it out
    Joanne

Ok Thank you everyone for the advise. I will look into these options.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    Interested if Grande Vista is Platinum?
    Jo I think you missed this post
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    Jo I think you missed this post
    I heard from JoAnn via PM, her unit is Gold.
    She also has questions about the destination club membership.

When selling privately, destination club membership does not transfer unless you own and are selling actual destination points.

If you sell thru Marriott, the new owner would be part of the DC. But Marriott has to agree to broker/sell your week and I do not know if Grande Vista Gold is eligible.

What makes a Grande Vista ownership attractive is that it is part of the Florida Club. What that means is that you can reserve in the other club resorts at the 6 month mark as an owner in your season. So Plat can reserve Plat, Gold reserves Gold, Silver/Silver. No exchange or trade fee. The following 5 resorts are part of the Florida Club.
    Grande Vista
    Ocean Pointe
    BeachPlace Towers
    Doral in Miami
    Legends Edge.

I routinely book platinum weeks in February/March at Ocean Pointe and BeachPlace Towers.

Good luck with your sale.
    Last edited by GrayFal; 07-03-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Thank you! I called Marriott and no they won't transfer the Destination membership with Grand Vista unless it's being sold to a son or daughter. These timeshares I am selling are for my uncle and he has no children so I'm looking into other options. I would like to get a little more money for him if possible. If not I may just try to rent them out for him.
    I appreciate all the information.
    Thanks again!
    Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    Just make sure you do not pay any company an upfront fee. That is the main caveat.
    Legit timeshare brokers will only charge you after your listing has sold and escrow has closed. Jacki is right that the the others, who charge you a big fee in advance, may list your resort somewhere but almost never find a buyer so don't fall for that scam.

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneGal View Post
    Thank you! I called Marriott and no they won't transfer the Destination membership with Grand Vista unless it's being sold to a son or daughter. These timeshares I am selling are for my uncle and he has no children so I'm looking into other options. I would like to get a little more money for him if possible. If not I may just try to rent them out for him.
    I appreciate all the information.
    Thanks again!
    Joanne
    Unfortunately, a gold grande vista will not rent for much, maybe $800-1000. Your best bet is to lock off and reserve a studio and a one bedroom at Ocean Pointe in gold summer season and you will cover the Maint fees for the unit. I am not familiar with your other units rental potential.
    Resale of Gold Grande Vista is under $1000.

Ok thank you for all the help & advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12