Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is RCI (or II) a must for East Coasters who want cheap vacations?

Our latest choices of places to go on exchanges are the White Mountains of NH and Cape Cod, When I was with RCI I made a lot of exchanges to those places. Perhaps I'm a bit picky, but the RCI resorts, with one exception, were definitely on a lower level of quality and one was even unacceptable. I'm also looking at finally using DAE for exchanging.

After I started the thread I found that airbnb has a lot of options for where we want to go. Not only that, but it seems I may be selling my beloved Carlsbad Inn week, our last timeshare. I still plan to watch RCI rentals for last minute stuff that doesn't require air travel but I expect that I may be done with them again when this membership expires....unless jackio tells me her secrets for getting high tpus on the east coast!

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    After I started the thread I found that airbnb has a lot of options for where we want to go. Not only that, but it seems I may be selling my beloved Carlsbad Inn week, our last timeshare. I still plan to watch RCI rentals for last minute stuff that doesn't require air travel but I expect that I may be done with them again when this membership expires....unless jackio tells me her secrets for getting high tpus on the east coast!
    I will share LOL.
    Jacki

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Our latest choices of places to go on exchanges are the White Mountains of NH and Cape Cod, When I was with RCI I made a lot of exchanges to those places. Perhaps I'm a bit picky, but the RCI resorts, with one exception, were definitely on a lower level of quality and one was even unacceptable. I'm also looking at finally using DAE for exchanging.
    You should try Trading Places for the White Mountains and Cape Cod.

Quote Originally Posted by mpumilia View Post
    You should try Trading Places for the White Mountains and Cape Cod.
    The VRI resorts trade thru Trading places so you should see Pollard Brook and the other Inn Seasons resorts there.

I owned 2 VRI resorts for years and never exchanged them internally. One was Foxrun, and I got such good trades plus an AC in II that I deposited it there each year. The other was Sweetwater in Waikiki and RCI gave me lots of TPUs for that one, so they got it each year. The internal trade system looked good, though.
    Jacki

Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    I owned 2 VRI resorts for years and never exchanged them internally. One was Foxrun, and I got such good trades plus an AC in II that I deposited it there each year. The other was Sweetwater in Waikiki and RCI gave me lots of TPUs for that one, so they got it each year. The internal trade system looked good, though.
    RCI used to give VRI a preference with a home priority so I traded my unit for SW FL beach a few years.
    I got decent trades going from a 1 bedroom at Fort lauderdale to a 2 bedroom in Fort Myers beach.
    Then they took away the trades thru RCI and started their own VRIety exchange which is really
    just Trading Places International with a few extra resorts for VRI.
    It was free to join.
    I'm not sure if it still exists since I no longer own that unit but it was a good thing for VRI owners that
    didn't want to pay fro RCI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12