Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amended tax return

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    For Missouri? You don't have to fill in information for federal, just yes or no

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Are you saying the 1095s are not used on Fed return? I'll google that.

"Use the information from Form 1095-A to complete Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, and reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit or if you are eligible to claim the premium tax credit on your tax return.

If you received advance payments, which are shown on lines 21-33 of Form 1095-A, you must file a tax return, and include Form 8962, even if you are not otherwise required to file a return. Filing your return without reconciling your advance payments will delay your refund and may affect future advance credit payments."
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Ok never heard of premium tax credits

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    Ok never heard of premium tax credits

Does "subsidies" sound more familar?

If you or R were never on Obamacare, you might not know what that is.

If you get more advanced tax credits to subsidize your premium payments than whatever their magical and mysterious formula allows, you have to pay that back at tax time.

In our case, since you-know-who terminated her ACA plan December 1, and FloridaBlue did not do that, and collected an advanced tax credit payment from the Federal government improperly, we have to pay it back, unless Florida Blue and The MarketPlace straightens that out.

Then, next year the same problem for the January and February credits they improperly received.

Frankly, I am astounded that the Feds are not all over FloridaBlue about this, although they did "escalate" it as "fraud."
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

No, too old for aca, you are first I have known on it. Massachusetts requires lots of insurance information on tax return,my son didn't have it, turns out insurance carrier thought he lived in Maine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123