Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amended tax return

Amended tax return

Filed march 16 and on March 20 received an amended 1099. Very aggravating because i called to verify the ordinal 1099. So I need to file an amended return, I am getting a big refund and that is in process so what do I do about the!tax I owe on the extra $700. Will I get any options like letting them take from my direct deposit account?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    That option doesn't sound likely. The two returns will likely operate separately. What's your tax preparer say?

Our mess is that The Marketplace/Florida Blue auto-renewed DW's health plan, instead of terminating it when she started Medicare 12/1, so her 1095 is inaccurate. That means we can't file our taxes.

I can't even begin to explain how horrible it is to try to work with FloridaBlue and The MarketPlace to get it straightened out.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

one idea: File an amended return as soon as possible highly noting that the amended 1099 was received after your first return had been filed. Send them a check for the difference.
    or another idea: do nothing and hope they make the correction and send you a bill for the difference.

At any rate you did nothing wrong and they will or should be able to see that clearly. What they do will depend on when they process the return.

I'd post the link if I could, but what I said is correct. Google it and see what the IRS says.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    That option doesn't sound likely. The two returns will likely operate separately. What's your tax preparer say?

Our mess is that The Marketplace/Florida Blue auto-renewed DW's health plan, instead of terminating it when she started Medicare 12/1, so her 1095 is inaccurate. That means we can't file our taxes.

I can't even begin to explain how horrible it is to try to work with FloridaBlue and The MarketPlace to get it straightened out.
    I thought you liked all that government stuff?
    M. Henley

Quote Originally Posted by M. Henley View Post
    I thought you liked all that government stuff?
    Yeah, can't have too much of it, huh?

I am my own tax preparer, I didn't state my option clearly. I would like them to take the money from my account, the same one I use for direct deposit. Back in the eighties, we got a letter from the IRS that we had not included a $25 "award", so I don't think they will miss this amount, and I don't want to pay their fines and late penalties

Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    I am my own tax preparer, I didn't state my option clearly. I would like them to take the money from my account, the same one I use for direct deposit. Back in the eighties, we got a letter from the IRS that we had not included a $25 "award", so I don't think they will miss this amount, and I don't want to pay their fines and late penalties

The IRS page I was not able to link to said to pay what you owe when you file the amended return.

Funny, the next item on that page explained what to do if you get an incorrect 1095.

I went on Turbo Tax today and amended my return. It has to be printed and mailed and include a check for the payment due. I just printed out over forty pages to mail. Hopefully this is the last of it. Finished with four tax returns

Do let us know how it works out. I've had dealings with the IRS both personal and company related -all were resolved without any legal proceedings, tho one was really surprising.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast