Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Amended tax return

  1. #11
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,333
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks;
    It has to be printed and mailed and include a check for the payment due. I just printed out over forty pages to mail.
    You don't have to do that if you e-file, right? (I'm asking)
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

  2. #12

    Amended tax return

    You can't e file an amended return. I am playing by the book, don't want their attention. (And we don't even itemize). There is a two page form that will be on top of the tax return, the corrected tax return, and a check. This even though I haven't received my big refund yet. Really ...... that I called social security about the fact that my 1099 showed minus instead of 700 and they said it was correct because I never received the money it went straight to Medicare. Then they send me a corrected 1099 for 650.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    I had to do an amended return one year because of a 4 cent overage on a Roth IRA contribution!

    I do our taxes myself via Tax ACT.

    And I now have a CPA doing one of what will be a total of 3 amended returns because of something regarding an inherited IRA where the tax computer programs do not ask the correct questions regarding the RMDs and I ended up paying taxes on them when I wasn't supposed to. Too late for me for years 2011 and 2012- 2011 was done by the CPA and she even got it wrong!

    We need a flat tax and we need a postcard to file it on. It is so ridiculous and oppressive our tax system.

  4. #14
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,333
    Quote Originally Posted by mpumilia View Post
    I had to do an amended return one year because of a 4 cent overage on a Roth IRA contribution!

    I do our taxes myself via Tax ACT.

    And I now have a CPA doing one of what will be a total of 3 amended returns because of something regarding an inherited IRA where the tax computer programs do not ask the correct questions regarding the RMDs and I ended up paying taxes on them when I wasn't supposed to. Too late for me for years 2011 and 2012- 2011 was done by the CPA and she even got it wrong!

    We need a flat tax and we need a postcard to file it on. It is so ridiculous and oppressive our tax system.
    I use TaxAct, too. Not the greatest, but sufficient.

    The worst is what you say, when the questions are not the right questions, like whoever came up with them did not consider all the possibilities.

    We do a state return where we earn income, but it is not our residence state. Part of it is to enter the dates that we are in that state. It assumes that you would be in that state just one block of time. In reality that's not the case, for us and hundreds of others, who are in Florida, for instance, from, say January 1-April 30, and November 1-December 31.

    So you have to lie in order to complete the form.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

  5. #15

    Amended tax return

    It is the state returns that give me a headache. Turbo tax charges $45.95 to use their on line form and $19,95 toe file it. A lot of the states let you do t online for free, but you have to be aware of what to look for or you miss a deduction. My daughter had three states to contend with. A couple of years ago her husband had four states.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    It is the state returns that give me a headache. Turbo tax charges $45.95 to use their on line form and $19,95 toe file it. A lot of the states let you do t online for free, but you have to be aware of what to look for or you miss a deduction. My daughter had three states to contend with. A couple of years ago her husband had four states.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    This is what I am going through now. The state portion was the issue. Tax Act increased their fees this year, also. Last year I paid $13.99 for both state and federal. This year it is $35 for both- $25 of it for the state.

    So I go to submit it today - I was tired of racking my brains over it- and when it prints out the state return it says "DO NOT FILE" in big black letters using up half my black ink. It then says two of the forms for filing have not been approved by NYS! Uh- well- I started to get nervous but then saw in the fine print that the return can be filed electronically but not via mail because the paper forms have not been approved.

    Is this tax system of ours insanity or what? Bring on a flat tax and a simple filing postcard. It is so oppressive to make people go through this stuff!

  7. #17
    You are so right. I did taxes as a volunteer. These poor people with low income were paying a tax preparer big bucks because they didn't know how to do it themselves, and the paid preparer hadn't even taken all the deductions they were entitled to.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,333
    Still waiting to hear from FloridaBlue and/or The MarketPlace, so I can file.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Still waiting to hear from FloridaBlue and/or The MarketPlace, so I can file.
    For Missouri? You don't have to fill in information for federal, just yes or no


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,333
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    For Missouri? You don't have to fill in information for federal, just yes or no


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Are you saying the 1095s are not used on Fed return? I'll google that.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •