Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone v. Home wifi

The easiest thing to do is get an iPad (or equivalent) that has a cell radio in it.

I never buy the wifi only pad.

T-Mobile's service includes Binge On which means music streaming and video streaming from certain apps doesn't count against your data plan. You can put up an HD antenna and pull in the local networks over the air like we did in the old days.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post
    You can put up an HD antenna and pull in the local networks over the air like we did in the old days.
    The old days are still here for some.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I have an iPad Air 2. Don't know if it has cell radio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In case there's some kids watching, you might want to them what a newspaper is.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Has anyone here cut all the cords, and does everything by mobile? Maybe not TV . . . maybe TV, too.
    We have satellite TV with Dish network and our phone and internet is Verizon wireless. We purchased a grandfathered unlimited data plan and use a Verizon jet pac to connect all of our devices to the internet. Since we are now traveling around the country fulltime, we needed the mobility. We also have a small plan on a phone with AT&T for backup when Verizon doesn't work but that's very rare as Verizon has the best national coverage.

It's working really well so far. We got it in July. We are able to stream movies and do everything we could on our DSL we had. Some times we get in a poor signal area, but then we turn on our signal booster and it usually will bring it up to a usable level.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Vicki

I'm taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by shorts View Post
    We have satellite TV with Dish network and our phone and internet is Verizon wireless. We purchased a grandfathered unlimited data plan and use a Verizon jet pac to connect all of our devices to the internet. Since we are now traveling around the country fulltime, we needed the mobility. We also have a small plan on a phone with AT&T for backup when Verizon doesn't work but that's very rare as Verizon has the best national coverage.

It's working really well so far. We got it in July. We are able to stream movies and do everything we could on our DSL we had. Some times we get in a poor signal area, but then we turn on our signal booster and it usually will bring it up to a usable level.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    The problem for most of us is that unless things have changed recently neither Verizon, sprint or Att offer unlimited plans any more, So getting your TV service through your cell service gets really expensive,

However I think Cricket offers an unlimited data plan that I will look at for next season

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    The problem for most of us is that unless things have changed recently neither Verizon, sprint or Att offer unlimited plans any more, So getting your TV service through your cell service gets really expensive,

However I think Cricket offers an unlimited data plan that I will look at for next season
    That's why I suggested T Mobile with the Binge On option. There is a lengthy list of providers that stream without counting against your data. Strong signal in San Diego when you're on the boat. What happened to the cocktail party?

Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    I have an iPad Air 2. Don't know if it has cell radio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look in settings and see if it has a setting for cellular data or check the side for a sim card slot. The box should say Wifi or Wifi + LTE

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post

There are ways to purchase or lease unlimited data plans from Verizon thru assumption of license. However, Verizon has gone after some of the really high data users (over 500 MB) that were out of contract. We purchased a plan thru a very good vendor and got a 2 year contract paying only $45 a month for the unlimited data. I think as long as we stay under 100-200 MB a month Verizon won't have any problem with our usage.

I think T-mobile has recently changed their plans and no longer offers binge on but I could be wrong.
    Vicki

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast