Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCI... As of September 17, 2016, combined deposits are only good for 12 months!!!

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar

Thumbs up RCI... As of September 17, 2016, combined deposits are only good for 12 months!!!

Posted 8/16/16

Just saw the notice on RCI.com... As of September 17, combined deposits are only good for 12 months from the date combined. Today you get 24 months for combined deposits. I don't see anything about the price to combine also being cut in half

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244674

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    ARGH. Thanks for the heads up, Pat.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Well, it doesn't look like we'll lose our deposit credit:

Deposit Credit 2016 01-Feb-2016 to 28-Feb-2018 1 Available to Exchange

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Well, it doesn't look like we'll lose our deposit credit:

Deposit Credit 2016 01-Feb-2016 to 28-Feb-2018 1 Available to Exchange

If you combine it with other bits and pieces today it will only be good until August 2017. So in a way, you do lose.
    Because I know you are saving it for that one special exchange.

OMG, what a terrible company! They drive me crazy!

Thank you for the heads-up, Pat. I had been waiting to combine some points till after the end of August. Now I have to mark my calendar for the last possible day to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    So in a way, you do lose. Because I know you are saving it for that one special exchange.
    Yup. Manhattan Club. 59 more and we're there.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised it wasn't that way all along.

There is a fee to extend a deposit, up to one year, but, if you combine with a deposit about to expire, that has been extending it for two years. So, they still will lose the fee to extend it, but they don't allow you to extend it longer by combining it.

Someone thought that up at coffee break.

didn't see that one coming....but I'm not entirely surprised that they can keep finding ways to annoy us

Dori

Quote Originally Posted by wackymother View Post
    OMG, what a terrible company! They drive me crazy!

Thank you for the heads-up, Pat. I had been waiting to combine some points till after the end of August. Now I have to mark my calendar for the last possible day to do it.
    I think with RCI deposits expire at the end of the month so you can combine on Sept 1 or September 16 and they will still be good until the end of September 2018.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast