Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RCI... As of September 17, 2016, combined deposits are only good for 12 months!!!

I have too many timeshares and have used the combine almost yearly to extend my deposits 2 years. This really stinks.

Plus, as a platinum member, I used to get a rebate back on the combine fee. They did away with that last year too, plus the rebate on a guest certificate.
    Last edited by jackio; 08-21-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    Jacki

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    never mind
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Now that I think about it, I'm surprised it wasn't that way all along.

There is a fee to extend a deposit, up to one year, but, if you combine with a deposit about to expire, that has been extending it for two years. So, they still will lose the fee to extend it, but they don't allow you to extend it longer by combining it.

Someone thought that up at coffee break.

You will be soooooo happy to know that you can combine deposits that now only last one year AND pay the fee to extend it for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    You will be soooooo happy to know that you can combine deposits that now only last one year AND pay the fee to extend it for another year.
    saw that coming too

so, don't give them anything
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Deposit Credit 2016 01-Feb-2016 to 28-Feb-2018 1 Available to Exchange
    "Look Inside! Discounted vacations now available. Just 3 Trading Power!"

dang

Well II is getting most of my deposits. Anything I give to Rci will be in points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    Well II is getting most of my deposits. Anything I give to Rci will be in points.
    Yes, I plan on combining my remaining TPUs from my CMV deposits early next month. That will give me 62, and then I'm going to set up an OGS for a nice HGVC or Manhattan Club for early August 2018.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scootr5 View Post
    Yes, I plan on combining my remaining TPUs from my CMV deposits early next month. That will give me 62, and then I'm going to set up an OGS for a nice HGVC or Manhattan Club for early August 2018.
    All these extra fees make using the corporate portals even more appealing for the expensive trades.
    Luckily with CMV we still have lots of deposit options elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    All these extra fees make using the corporate portals even more appealing for the expensive trades.
    Luckily with CMV we still have lots of deposit options elsewhere.
    Yes, I think going forward if I want something from RCI it will be through Wyndham. I actually got rid of my CMV after they jacked the HK fees up to $91 earlier this year. That coupled with this change in combining makes my timing look pretty good.
    Scott

I have not been on a vacation in 5 years, I have updated my points twice in that time last time was this past July. I am going to use my points with in the 2 years that I have . After that I may not renew with RCI
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast