Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was "Shelby Resorts.com - Wyndham ? " NOW -Renting RCI Exchanges/Renting Wyndham Pts

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    405 pages

"The Program is for a Member's own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes."

"Wyndham Vacation Resorts reserves the right at its sole and reasonable discretion . . . . " You know, to do whatever they have to do. It's in there; anyone can find it.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Is it time to drag the horse out ?
    Yup.

Although, one who has been around as long as you, and who knows of people who have had their privileges suspended, or ended, knows what I'm saying.

Be careful what you flaunt on the Internet.

OK, beat the poor guy now.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Tia:

Just curious . . . in researching this the past few days, I noticed that a complaint about Shelby Resorts was that one of their customers discovered that they paid a lot more through "Shelby" for the same thing that others at the resort got directly from Wyndham Vacation Rentals.

My gut tells me that if it is run like other stuff Wyndham, there is likely a place where you can get stuff directly from Wyndham at a decent price.

Have you looked into that?

https://www.google.com/#q=wyndham+va...+discount+code

From their homepage, click "Deals" in the header, and, just like other things Wyndham, you will find that there are "long term" deals and "Last Minute" deals, and there is a place to enter a Promo Code:

http://www.wyndhamvacationrentals.co...als/index.html

If the Shelby customers who complained that others at the resort got the same thing for less, direct from Wyndham, where would that be from? Where can the public get stuff direct from Wyndham that "Shelby" can also provide?

For instance, would it be on skyauction, or something like that?

so you are not asking questions to learn how this works as you first said
    rather, you are trying to say something

In fact I often use the various timeshare forums to communicate my positions to Wyndham management

(Hi Stephanie)

I have googled the offerings and found what Shelby offered to be very reasonable. It's high season when we are looking to go to the Caribbean, so doubt Wyndham will offer anything better for less, and mostly you find the East Coaster vacationers down there.

I just want to verify they have an actual reservation. I found them on VRBO and there were + reviews. So far no reply to my last email re getting confirmation sooner, they said a couple weeks before and after full payment ...which is not soon enough imo, nor a conference phone call but it is the weekend.

Last year I rented from another Wyndham points owner, no one heard of before either, and it worked just great. She said nothing was available there this year however when I asked re.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Tia:

Just curious . . . in researching this the past few days, I noticed that a complaint about Shelby Resorts was that one of their customers discovered that they paid a lot more through "Shelby" for the same thing that others at the resort got directly from Wyndham Vacation Rentals.

My gut tells me that if it is run like other stuff Wyndham, there is likely a place where you can get stuff directly from Wyndham at a decent price.

Have you looked into that?

https://www.google.com/#q=wyndham+va...+discount+code

Since Wyndham has so many different variations, I am honestly asking to find out how this works, because, in this case, I honestly don't know.

My question is fairly specific . . . when you go through a Wyndham points multi-owner to "rent" something, are you gaining access to something that cannot be obtained any other way except through membership?

I am trying to relate it to RCI (a substantial portion of which is Wyndham, of course), where anyone and everyone, with or without being an owner or RCI subscriber, can gain access to deposits, and other inventory, directly through RCI or one of it's not-very-well disguised partners.

Like this, complete with a lowest price guarantee:

http://www.skyauction.com/visit/wyndham-bonnet-creek

Or (just a thought) is that , and other sites like it, precisely how non-owners/non-members can get Wyndham stuff.

Regarding what constitutes "commercial use", as for RCI's portion of Wyndham, Madge cleared that up in 2006, when she said:

"You may not receive any compensation beyond the price of the exchange and Guest Certificate fees."

One may logically conclude that Wyndham would not allow the recovery of maintenance fees through renting to non-members.

I could clearly see that to be their intention when they say:

"The Program is for a Member's own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes."

As with the renting out of RCI deposits and exchanges, time will tell.

But, I do understand why those who have invested a lot, and have a sizeable annual expense, would like that to not be enforced.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast