Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was "Shelby Resorts.com - Wyndham ? " NOW -Renting RCI Exchanges/Renting Wyndham Pts

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Well, any way, flaunt it around boldly on the Internet, and we know what will happen.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    So, even though it is (essentially) the same company, they are allowed to secure prime reservations, and rent them out for a profit?

And use terminology that makes it appear they own the resort(s)?

You would think that the same philosophy concerning raiding would prevail.

Well, maybe not you, maybe me.

"1) yes you can make reservations and rent to others. There is a line in the owners directory that would seem to prohibit commercial renting. But at least for now it's not being enforced. In the past Wyndham enacted several new policies intended to make it more difficult and more expensive. But renting still happens."

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218280
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Here's RCI Points Commercial Use Policy. How does Wyndham's read?

"F. Commercial Use Prohibited. Use of the
    Network and/or RCI Points is for the personal use
    of Members and, if permitted, their guests, and
    neither Members nor guests may use the Network
    or RCI Points for commercial purposes or
    monetary or other consideration, including,
    without limitation, auction, barter, rental, raffle or
    sale of RCI Points, Confirmed Exchanges or
    Guest Certificates for example, and RCI reserves
    the right to limit the number of Transactions by a
    Member. Any commercial use shall be grounds for
    immediate termination of Memberís membership and
    cancellation of any Exchange Request, Confirmed
    Exchange or other benefits of the Network without
    prior suspension of or notice to the Member, and any
    other rights or remedies RCI may have at law."

Here's the policy for WyndhamHomeExchange, and it seems consistent with other Wyndham vacation ownership:

"Non-Commercial Use. With the exception of rentals of a Member’s Accommodation made in accordance with the
    Agency Agreement, Owner’s Accommodation and Network Accommodation, use by a Member or guest may not be for
    commercial purposes, including rental or sale."

How does Wyndham's read?
    That is strangely hard to find.

Ah, c'mon.

Help an old guy who doesn't know how any of this works out.

What's Wyndham's "Commercial Use" policy?

Ah, c'mon.

Help an old guy who doesn't know how any of this works out.

What's Wyndham's "Commercial Use" policy?
    Im an old guy that knows exactly how this stuff works

Im not Shelby but I could copy their website and use it as my own,, It sounds like I do exactly what they do

Regarding Wyndhams Commercial use policy, its one line in the Program Disclosures found in the owners directory If you were able to find my post on TUG that you linked to above, you should be able to find this policy. Ive posted about that on TUG as well..

Its in the book

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...ectory1415/#/0

There are two things to be aware of,

1) this is the policy for the "program". The "program" is what makes it possible for the symbolic points based on your deeded ownership at one resort to be used for reservations at another resort.. I may be stretching things a bit but I dont believe that there is any such policy regarding Commercial Use at a resort that I own and I own a ton at La Belle Maison in New Orleans that I use for rentals, primarly Mardi Gras. As evidence for this I can point to the most recent anti renter rule change that Wyndham made. We are now restricted to no more that 10 reservations at one time and place. The exception is for reservations made with "Advanced Reservation Priority" ie with points deeded at your home (owned) resort. They have clearly made a distinction between reservations made through the "program" and reservations made with points you own.

2) There is no definition of "commercial purposes" that I have been able to find. If I am just trying to recover maintenance fees and the money I paid for this stuff...is that "Commercial" ? If Im just trying to make a small return on my investment...is that for"commercial purposes" or for "investment purposes"? If I rent a portion of what I own to pay the maintenance fees on all that I own (ie free vacations for myself) Is that for "commercial purposes" or is it for "personal use and enjoyment"? Does commercial imply profit? If so am I allowed to rent as much as I want, as long as I lose money on each rental? I dont know the answers to these questions.. Im just saying in the absence of a definition, it seems a tough policy to enforce>>

and the fact is it isnt being enforced.. I am known up and down the chain of command within Wyndham Vacation Ownership. They know me and they know what I do, and while they may not like it. They do recognize that I play by the rules

This is no different than what our government does with the policies that it sets There is a law, and then there are the regulations put in place to administer that law. Wyndham has a policy, but then they have a bunch of rules to define that policy and limit rentals .. ie some included guest confirmations, and a charge for anything after that, some included transaction credits, and housekeeping credits, and a charge if you exceed whats included with your ownership. and now the new rule... the nightly limit rule.

It seems to me that Wyndham has chosen to regulate rentals not eliminate rentals, and they act as if renting is a right of ownership.

I have no doubt that Shelby plays by the rules as well

"1) yes you can make reservations and rent to others. There is a line in the owners directory that would seem to prohibit commercial renting. But at least for now it's not being enforced. In the past Wyndham enacted several new policies intended to make it more difficult and more expensive. But renting still happens."

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218280
    I posted this trying to find something to say that you would agree with.

Anyway, all I'm trying to say, as an old fart who doesn't know how any of this works, there have been a lot of things over the years that flaunting on the Internet has put an end to.

I believe Inside Guy's words were that there are a lot people reading these boards, reacting, and formulating policy, that we don't know about.

Is it time to drag the horse out ?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast