Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Tribute by Wyndham - Part of Ovation

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    I don't understand why an owner would object to there being an exit strategy. A point that seems to be lost is that if one knew they could get out, they would be more likely to get in.

& vice versa

The idea using captive owners for a cash cow has pretty much run it's course.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I don't understand why an owner would object to there being an exit strategy. A point that seems to be lost is that if one knew they could get out, they would be more likely to get in.

& vice versa

The idea using captive owners for a cash cow has pretty much run it's course.
    You really have a mis understanding of how this thing works

When it comes to the traditional timeshare (some call them legacy resorts) the "captive owners" are not a cash cow for the developers. Once a resort is sold the developer is out of the picture. and the HOA is in control and HOA's are non profits

Once a resort is sold the developer is out of the picture.
    Not entirely. A recent Wyndham presentation claims $63M contribution to EBITDA for 2012 in property management fees, that's more than 11% of the total from the vacation ownership segment (about $550M in 2012).

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    You really have a mis understanding of how this thing works

When it comes to the traditional timeshare (some call them legacy resorts) the "captive owners" are not a cash cow for the developers. Once a resort is sold the developer is out of the picture. and the HOA is in control and HOA's are non profits
    Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of the words I type. As hard as I try to see it, I don't see "developer" in what I said.

HOAs do not want to risk the cash cow, either, so they keep owners captive with threats. But, then, you know that, because you know more than me.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of the words I type. As hard as I try to see it, I don't see "developer" in what I said.

HOAs do not want to risk the cash cow, either, so they keep owners captive with threats. But, then, you know that, because you know more than me.

Im sorry I missunderstood your post>> "cash cow" to me implies a profit motive

Im trying to say that just because a developer has a profit motive doesnt make everything they do a bad thing.. and for many resorts, (the ones where the developer is long gone, There is no profit motive at all.

Related to this thread, however, dealing with one developer and their deedback program, a discussion about the timeshares that you own are completely irrelevant except as a point of comparison... so thanks for that. It further confirms that my decision to buy in a big, profit motivated developers club was the best decision for me.

cash cow: something set up that is guaranteed to bring in loads of money

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=cash%20cow

ie, Timeshare Owners who are relied upon for annual fees, special assessments and additional sales.

What were we talking about, again?

Oh yeah, exit options . . . established procedures to end your timeshare ownership in an orderly manner.

Who's not in favor of that?

cash cow: something set up that is guaranteed to bring in loads of money

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=cash%20cow

ie, Timeshare Owners who are relied upon for annual fees, special assessments and additional sales.

I said Im sorry,

and of course You are exactly right in everything you say,

By the way

please send me details on the timeshares you have had trouble selling, Id like to make an offer

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    please send me details on the timeshares you have had trouble selling, Id like to make an offer
    I started the effort to exit in 2008. I sold one at Fine Kettle, to a local entertainer, for golf rights. The demand for that ended and I gave away two more at Fine Kettle in 2014. I gave away a Prime Ski Week and a late Summer week at Inn@SilverCreek.

I have a Spring Break Ski Week (11) at Inn@SilverCreek, and you don't have to pay for it. I will Quitclaim it, and pay the recording costs. Maintenance fee is $370-ish, and they have an Owners Rental Program.

We will keep a Peak Summer week at Fine Kettle, and will eventually pick up something at Sea Oats Beach Club, for pool, spa and beach access.

FWIW, I'm not always right, and not often wrong.

In saying most everyone would like to make an orderly exit, I can't think of why anyone would not want to. But, then, I can't speak for everyone, and I'm sure there's people, even people here, who like disorder.

You have to remember, I'm not a moron, I'm just a dick.

Oh yeah, I got rid of our original 3 Wastegate-ish EOY weeks a long time ago, when there was a resale market even for crappy stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast