Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just joined II with Worldmark. Is it a good trader?

When I try to book something as an exchange within 60 days, it does not give me the option of using less credits, it just says it's exchanging with a 2br Worldmark. Maybe there's a problem with the set up of my account?
    They originally set it up with my Worldmark SP even though the form I filled in was for Worldmark The Club. Then they cancelled and created this new account linking the US Worldmark with II Asia. I hoe that hasn't complicated things.
    Syd

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    When I try to book something as an exchange within 60 days, it does not give me the option of using less credits, it just says it's exchanging with a 2br Worldmark. Maybe there's a problem with the set up of my account?
    They originally set it up with my Worldmark SP even though the form I filled in was for Worldmark The Club. Then they cancelled and created this new account linking the US Worldmark with II Asia. I hoe that hasn't complicated things.
    No, it won't tell you that you are using 4000 credits...WM will simply deduct 4000 credit because it's within flex period.

I hope that's the case even for II Asia. They might have different rules. I'll try to call them today to find out.
    The problem is when I call them, they're pretty hopeless at answering any questions.
    Syd

Thanks for the reminder. It is 4000 points, not 4500 points, + $189 exchange fee, in the 59 day window. I might be off on the exchange fee but I thought II is charging $189 for all exchanges now. I think they call it flex change and the II site does not show how many points were used. The II site shows the exchange fee and WM deducts the 4000 points. I don't remember seeing any of this at II.

Yes. It's pretty steep. RCI charged me $119 for the Tradewinds Exchange.
    DAE is really good value compared to II and RCI. DAE has excellent customer service too and VCs who actually know their stuff. The one at II I spoke with was so woeful - didn't have a clue and couldn't even answer a simple question like which Worldmark ownership was linked to my account. I guess with any company, it depends who you get.

I'm excited with all the Marriotts in Asia and Spain I can see with II though. That should be handy in Dec/Jan 2018 (!) when we do our next big trip.
    Syd

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Thanks! The Thailand Marriott looks good but I can only see a few check in dates.

I've been searching with a 3br, thinking that will give me better trading power. Thanks!

Very EXCITED though. Just confirmed a Tradewinds Fiji cruise through RCI with my Australian Worldmark for our wedding anniversary next April. A whole year away but we are both really looking forward to it.
    At the moment, our Worldmark SP is with RCI and our Worldmark US is with II.
    I was eyeing that Tradewinds Fiji for my April 2018 possible trip. Now I will know how you like it.

And the boats they use in Fiji are way nicer then the Caribbean where they use their old boats for RCI exchangers.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    I was eyeing that Tradewinds Fiji for my April 2018 possible trip. Now I will know how you like it.

And the boats they use in Fiji are way nicer then the Caribbean where they use their old boats for RCI exchangers.
    Really Pat? That's nice to know. I thought they would use their dodgy boats for us Aussies as is often the case. It's the Wanderlust and I'm currently following the Captain's (Steve) posts on their Facebook page as he travels from French Polynesia to Fiji to start the cruise there. Phil is really excited about it. He's so looking forward to it and I really booked it for him. He loves snorkelling.

Their customer service has been excellent. They emailed me the itinerary. I will forward it onto you now.
    Syd

Yay! They just told me that we'll be on the Luxury Class yacht. So we'll have aircon.
    Syd

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Yay! They just told me that we'll be on the Luxury Class yacht. So we'll have aircon.
    That's is good news. I must have read the info on the Tradewinds website. I thought it was trio advisor but as you said, this is a new itinerary for them.

Keep in mind that in II, there is a quality filter that RCI does not have. So in II, Worldmark (and Wyndham as I have an old WYN/II account) are blocked from seeing lower quality resorts.

So that explains why I might see less resorts than RCI.
    Syd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast