Thread: NEED WYNDHAM REEF RESORT GRAND CAYMEN For 1 week 12/31/16 to 1/7/ 17

NEED WYNDHAM REEF RESORT GRAND CAYMEN For 1 week 12/31/16 to 1/7/ 17

Bluegreen owner needs this week for son's honeymoon or even 1 week later which would be 1/7/17 to 1/14/17.

Willing to trade a prime reservation our family has at Big Cedar Wilderness Club on 4th of July week in a 2 Bedroom Presidential unit.
    The dates on this reservation is 7/1/16 to 1/5/16.

We have other reservations at Big Cedar Wilderness Club that we would trade or willing to make a new reservation that you would want.

Also, willing to look elsewhere for this reservation if someone could point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    If you would consider Morritt's Grand at the neighboring property, your chances are better. They just deposited 2017 weeks into both II and RCI. 12/31 prob a stretch but the week of 1/7 may be doable. The units are comparable.

Yes we saw that. Son really wants Wyndham Reef Resort. They would also consider week of March 11-18, 2017.

There was a $300 +/- utility charge at the Reef a few years ago. I'd check first before making an exchange there. For me that would be a deal breaker. The charge at the Grand for a 2 bedroom has never been more than $100....

Joy
    Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace.

Herman Wouk

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BransonIOWA View Post
    Yes we saw that. Son really wants Wyndham Reef Resort. They would also consider week of March 11-18, 2017.
    The Reef is certainly a very nice resort.
    But as Glitter says, the Morritts Grand units are just as nice and the Morritts Londoner is nicer.

I guess you are looking for a Wyndham owner to reserve this for you at 10 months out as there almost no deposits of this resort in II. It is a very small resort. And Wyndham has been management there for no more then two years so I don't imagine anything but low season weeks would be available in Wyndham points. This resort was sold as a fixed week fixed unit property so Wyndham would have to convince the high season owners to pay a conversion fee to join Wyndham and give up their deeded weeks

This could be difficult -maybe try Redweek o see if there are rentals and then you rent out your BC week.
    Good Luck.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    I have stayed at both. Personally, I would not limit my choices to Reef only.
    fwiw, all the Jan-March weeks at the Grand that were deposited into RCI are gone.
    There are still some left in II, including 3/12/17 checkin. If it were me, I'd grab it to have a "bird in the hand."
    Last edited by Glitter Brunello; 01-12-2016 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks for all the info.
    Sounds like Wyndham reef is impossible to get into on a trade with a Wyndham owner sine you told us it is a fixed week resort.
    Can someone give us a list of Wyndham Resorts in the Carribean that are points Resorts? Also, Can these only be reserved at 10 months out by Wyndham owners? Also heard there was a new Wyndham Resort in St. Johns-thinkit was Margaritaville. Is that a points Resort?