Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many timeshare weeks do you have booked?

Super Moderator
    I don't have any. We haven't done a TS vacation for the last 2 years as I have to get hip replacement surgery on both hips before we can do this. As a result I now have 6 banked weeks at SFX and another week that I haven't deposited yet with them.

I was supposed to have the hip replacement in early 2014 but I had to have emergency surgery that took 9 months to heal. I lost a lot of strength from being bedridden for so long so my orthopedic surgeon put me on a program to strengthen me that involved a steroid injection and physical therapy. However after a week on Physical therapy, I had a fainting spell that sent me to the hospital ER where they discovered that I have a large "saddle pulmonary embolism" which is a large blood clot between my lungs. I also have several other blood clots in my lungs. So I was in the ICU and they started me on blood thinners. I am now home and a nurse comes to the house twice a week to check my blood INR. I am taking Coumadin which is a blood thinner. The doctor said I have to be on the blood thinner for at least 6 months so hip replacement surgery is out the window for at least 6 months. I take one step forward and 2 steps backwards. I also have a physical therapist that comes to the house twice a week. That is progressing quite well.

So hopefully we can start using our TS weeks in 18 months or so.
    Last edited by JWC; 07-25-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    John

I'm hoping you can too....it seems to be time for something really good for you!

Wishing you an uneventful speedy recovery John.
    Jacki

Oh wow JWC, that's awful.
    So sorry to hear that.
    Hope things improve for you very soon.
    It's no fun being sick.

Sorry to hear that you have had to take a temporary break from travelling. Best wishes in your recovery and surgery!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123