Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger King to move to Canada to avoid taxes

Burger King to move to Canada to avoid taxes

NYSE

Burger King Worldwide Inc., up $5.29 to $32.40

The burger chain is considering a tie-up with Canada's Tim Hortons in a maneuver that could lower its U.S. tax bill substantially.

Time for a boycott ?

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    What's that al aboot?

What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Why not lower the tax rate ? The USA invented DTAs and now that they are working against them they want to change the rules .The UK has the same problem ... "Britannia waives the Rules " or did.
    G

The Nightly News said the issue is being addressed.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    What's that al aboot?

What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?
    A waitress told me cunucks don't tip.

Super Moderator
    We need to lower our corporate tax rate to be competitive or more companies will do the same. Maybe if some more do this, our government will wake up though I doubt it.
    John

I love the Canadian response - We can’t sell the national bathroom to an American company.

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post
    We need to lower our corporate tax rate to be competitive or more companies will do the same. Maybe if some more do this, our government will wake up though I doubt it.
    Two thumbs up!
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    NYSE

Burger King Worldwide Inc., up $5.29 to $32.40

The burger chain is considering a tie-up with Canada's Tim Hortons in a maneuver that could lower its U.S. tax bill substantially.

Time for a boycott ?
    I agree. And since we should think globally and act locally, a good place to start is by boycotting all businesses in the US that were founded by people who are part of families that fled their homeland to escape oppressive taxation and financial burdens in their native countries.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    A waitress told me cunucks don't tip.
    or, a canoe tips.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast