Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Will they refund my money when I cancel it?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    3

    Will they refund my money when I cancel it?

    Hello everyone! I'm from Brazil, my name is Paula, and I'm very worried about this following issue.
    In June 2013 me and my husband visited Orlando for the second time, and ended up in a presentation in Mystic Dunes, in order to get discounts in Universal Studios tickets. As our life planes include traveling a lot with our kids, we decided that being a membership of Diamond Resorts were a good idea, and here we are.
    Up 'til now we've paid over $2500.00 in the first place, 4 payments of $238.91 and the maintenance fee of almost $1000.00, and we have not used our points yet.
    Well, we are planing to travel with our kids in April, 2014, and we are having a very hard time with reservation, because simply we don't have the amount of points that are necessary to spend 13 days of vacations. Actually, it is necessary the double of points we have (that is 11000!).
    When we decided to join the member club, the idea presented to us was that everything would be easy, and with 4000 points we could enjoy at least 20 days in their hotels, but in the practice, the truth is not like that.
    Anyway, me and my husband have decided to cancel our membership, but we wonder if they are going to refund our money, considering that we did not use any points so far.
    Ah, it is important to say, when we did our membership, the seller made it clear that we could have our money back, if we were unable to pay. But, now that I'm researching about this, I don't think it is that easy.
    Please, can someone help me with this? I am particularly worried because we're dealing with laws from other country, and I it is terrifying...
    Hope someone can answer!
    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Sorry, but there is a limited period during which you can rescind and get your money back while getting out of the deal, and it would appear that you are past it.

    DRI points can be bought very cheaply on the resale market, and you might consider if you can get the additional points you need that way. DRI probably has rules on combining points, and hopefully someone familiar with the DRI system will come along who can give you the details.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
    Sorry, but there is a limited period during which you can rescind and get your money back while getting out of the deal, and it would appear that you are past it.

    DRI points can be bought very cheaply on the resale market, and you might consider if you can get the additional points you need that way. DRI probably has rules on combining points, and hopefully someone familiar with the DRI system will come along who can give you the details.
    Thank you for your answer, Carolinian!
    Do you know what period is that we can get our money back? I wonder if it is possible to refund a proportional amount, if it was the case...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by paulasom View Post
    Thank you for your answer, Carolinian!
    Do you know what period is that we can get our money back? I wonder if it is possible to refund a proportional amount, if it was the case...
    I think it is 7 days in Florida. That only works if you send them a letter within the 7 days. There is no way that you will get any money back. All you can do at this point is buy more points or stop paying take a credit hit. Since you aren't in the US, maybe the credit hit won't matter.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,357
    Just reiterating what's been said above, you can't get your money back so try to make the most of what you've got, or default on the balance of the loan payments.

  6. #6

    If you would like help

    Hi Paula,

    As everyone has stated you more than likely will not get your money back since you have missed the seven day deadline. I am a gold member with DRI and have for the most part been very happy. I would invite you to our DRI owners Facebook website. We share lots of tips with one another to help maximize our memberships. You can ask all types of questions of us.

    What is best about this group of owners is that we are literally members of DRI from all over the world. There are about 500 of us from the US, Europe, and South America and Canada.

    I would strong suggest you try to connect with us. You don't have to pay anything either.

    Good luck to you.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Presley View Post
    I think it is 7 days in Florida. That only works if you send them a letter within the 7 days. There is no way that you will get any money back. All you can do at this point is buy more points or stop paying take a credit hit. Since you aren't in the US, maybe the credit hit won't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Just reiterating what's been said above, you can't get your money back so try to make the most of what you've got, or default on the balance of the loan payments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Hi Paula,

    As everyone has stated you more than likely will not get your money back since you have missed the seven day deadline. I am a gold member with DRI and have for the most part been very happy. I would invite you to our DRI owners Facebook website. We share lots of tips with one another to help maximize our memberships. You can ask all types of questions of us.

    What is best about this group of owners is that we are literally members of DRI from all over the world. There are about 500 of us from the US, Europe, and South America and Canada.

    I would strong suggest you try to connect with us. You don't have to pay anything either.

    Good luck to you.
    Thank you all for the answers.
    Carlos, I will join the Facebook page as soon as possible (I can't access Facebook from the my work place). I really need help, because I was not expecting that I could have some bad time in booking my reservations. I really thought my points would be enough.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by paulasom View Post
    Thank you all for the answers.
    Carlos, I will join the Facebook page as soon as possible (I can't access Facebook from the my work place). I really need help, because I was not expecting that I could have some bad time in booking my reservations. I really thought my points would be enough.
    That happens with all points systems, not just DRI. They plan to make a sale to hook you in and then have you keep buying more.

    I know you are disappointed, but you may be able to pick up some resale points to balance out what you are missing. Keep asking lots of questions on the DRI facebook. Sounds like they have a nice community.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •